Announcements

:flowheartpink Looking for the chatbox? It's HERE  :bluflowpot

Author Topic: Sims 2 on a Mac Mini?  (Read 236 times)

Offline Iridecencenox

• Awards
Sims 2 on a Mac Mini?
« on: June 21, 2018, 01:30:28 AM »
Hi all, I'm new, I signed up here cause I had a couple questions,
first: I have a mac mini  late 2012, 2.5 GHZ processor intel i5 core, 4 GB of memory, and intel HD graphics 4000 series.
There's a 500 GB harddrive on it though I'm not sure if its a solid state or not and kinda don't want to open my mac to find out.
I was wondering if this would be enough to play the super collection for sims 2 that's like 30 bucks on the app store.  I do want to put SOME cc, but just defaults and some clothing options.  And, how different would installing mods be ?

Offline lordtyger9

• Uses an iMac to play the Sims 2
    • Awards
Re: Sims 2 on a Mac Mini?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 05:34:32 PM »
Hi all, I'm new, I signed up here cause I had a couple questions,
first: I have a mac mini  late 2012, 2.5 GHZ processor intel i5 core, 4 GB of memory, and intel HD graphics 4000 series.
There's a 500 GB harddrive on it though I'm not sure if its a solid state or not and kinda don't want to open my mac to find out.
I was wondering if this would be enough to play the super collection for sims 2 that's like 30 bucks on the app store.  I do want to put SOME cc, but just defaults and some clothing options.  And, how different would installing mods be ?

This is the list from Aspyr of the Minimum Specifications for The Sims 2: Super Collection

Operating System: 10.9.5 and 10.10.2
  • CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (2 Core)
  • CPU Speed: 2.2 GHz
  • Memory: 4 GB
  • Hard Disk Space: 10 GB
  • Video Card (ATI): Radeon HD 3870
  • Video Card (NVidia): Geforce 8800
  • Video Card (Intel): HD 3000
  • Video Memory (VRam): 256 MB
  • Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard
  • [/size]Unsupported Video Cards:[/color][/size]NVIDIA® GeForce® 9400, 8600, and older[/color]
  • ATI™ Radeon™ 2600, and older
  • Intel® GMA Series

• [/size]So I would say that most likely you can play Sims 2 on your Mac as long as you keep in mind that the[/color][/size][size=78%] HD 4000 won't really cut it for High Settings. It'll cope with Low-Medium or maybe Medium at the Mac Mini's native screen resolution.[/size]
    [/size]
    [/size][size=78%]Basically your Mac is OK, except that I think Intel [/size][/size][size=78%]HD 4000 is a bit iffy. [/size]
    [/size]
    [/size][size=78%]I think it should work as long as you keep to [/size][/size]Low-Medium or maybe Medium at your native screen resolution.
    [/size]
Curiousity Killed the Cat, but Satisfaction brought it back!