Author Topic: Carrie's TS2 Album  (Read 8603 times)

Offline tahoe

Re: Carrie's TS2 Album
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2016, 06:36:22 PM »
What a wonderful house.

The following users thanked this post: Carrie

Offline Carrie

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2016, 05:11:18 AM »
This is Blu Byrdd. She is my most recent move-in to a derelict home. As you can see, she has taken up several hobbies - even when her home is almost completely redecorated.

She enjoys mopping the front lawn....

Having water fights with the shower (the shower won this particular round)....

And, her latest hobby, attempting to siphon her way to the basement....via the loo.

Seriously, can't I EVER have 'normal' Sims?
 headach

The following users thanked this post: Shine Waterice, tahoe

Offline tahoe

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2016, 01:00:21 PM »
I do not understand why they should jump up the water out. My Sims usually wash the aquarium all the time so it gets wet everywhere. Though it may be a little fun with all the quirky things that they do.

Offline Carrie

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2016, 04:27:23 AM »
Ok, so I'm trying my hand at something rather ULTRA new for me. Retro decor. Although I was born in the late 1960s, I sincerely loathe almost anything to do with the late 1960s/early 1970s. That being said, I'm fairly certain that this is not a truly 'retro' decorated home. I was shooting for the late 1950s/early 1960s, which is more my style of retro. Any hints, help and suggestions on making this look more into that era would be most appreciated. Oh, and before anyone mentions it... please, I beg of you, do not ask me to add anything with Elvis, or The Beatles.  Thanks!!

1. The downstairs guest room. When I was growing up, most of the people I knew had some sort of guest room (including my folks), that generally consisted of spare furnishings they had from years past. Usually, there was some random chair, a small dresser (that held odds and ends from around the house - in my mom's case, it was wrapping paper and spare tea towels), lamps and very few wall hangings.

2. My house was built in the late 1940s, so we didn't have wallpaper in the kitchen, nor did we have the colored appliances and cabinets. Most of my friends, however, had kitchens that were 'ultra mod' for the era. Kind of like this...oh, and there's the hallway in the image too.

3. House entry looking into the kitchen.

4. Living room - angle 1

5. Living room - angle 2

And that's what I've got done so far.
 snazzysnail

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, Shine Waterice, tahoe, Krazyredd, Karlene

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, Shine Waterice, tahoe, Krazyredd, Karlene

Offline Carrie

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2016, 03:16:23 AM »
Well, I've been trying my best to get a decent livable retro style house going, and I think I've finally got the hang of it (or, at least I'm starting to)! lol
My 'retro' era style is more along the lines of mid-1950s/mid-1960s. Thus, the 'combo' look in the style. This is what I have with 1 house make over...so far. One of my main Sims, Emily Black, is living in this particular home. Not sure how I like the lay out though. I might have to copy and overhaul it on a new lot. But...this is what I've got thus far.

sitdog

The following users thanked this post: Shine Waterice, tahoe, Karlene

The following users thanked this post: Shine Waterice, tahoe, Karlene

Offline Petunia Mae Witherbottom

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2016, 12:48:09 PM »
That's a Norman Rockwell painting in the 4th pic, isn't it?  Love him. 

Offline Carrie

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2016, 01:12:18 PM »
Yes it is :) It's part of my Norman Rockwell art series.  I just love his work. My mom and dad used to collect the Saturday Evening Post magazines, just for the cover art LOL

The following users thanked this post: Petunia Mae Witherbottom

The following users thanked this post: Petunia Mae Witherbottom

Offline Carrie

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2016, 03:48:43 PM »
Trying out some new walls.

Offline Shine Waterice

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2016, 06:03:42 PM »
OMG, amazing wallpapers, Carrie! :)

Offline Carrie

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2016, 06:36:23 PM »
Thanks so much Shine!!  :strawheart

Offline Carrie

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2016, 05:28:48 PM »
This is what I have done, thus far, on my redecoration of Minea's Mockdoty house. Obviously, I'm not even close to being done with the exterior, and just have the front mostly done. Again, not completely done, but mostly. I just have to add a few details here and there. Unfortunately, my schedule isn't allowing me much play time this week, so I won't be able to get to the interior of the house until at least next Monday. Well, here it is - so far.

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, Shine Waterice, tahoe

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, Shine Waterice, tahoe

Offline minena

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2016, 12:43:14 AM »
O. M. G. It looks amazing as a southwestern home!!!!

Offline Carrie

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2016, 02:31:06 AM »
O. M. G. It looks amazing as a southwestern home!!!!

Awww...thanks Minea!
 sitdog

I seriously had to do a lot of research on houses like these, so it's going to be a bit of a 'mixed bag' with the Southwest thing, but I'm so glad you like it thus far! Your industrial look is fantastic! I can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the home!
 inlovehamp

Offline tahoe

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2016, 08:25:06 PM »
It's a wonderful house, I'm dying to see the rest of the images.

Offline Carrie

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2016, 02:21:53 PM »
This is the entry area. I kept the room with the original lay out, including the stairs. As much as I love these stairs, they do make it difficult for screen shots. LOL Anyway, the entry:

As viewed from the living room:

In front of the stairs:

Catch-all Desk nook behind the stairs:

Left of entry:

Left wall, opposite stairs:

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, Shine Waterice, tahoe, minena

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, Shine Waterice, tahoe, minena