Author Topic: covid-19  (Read 776 times)

Online Koolaid1986

covid-19
« on: March 17, 2020, 06:43:51 PM »
i tell yea this is getting nutz out there i live in a state that is shuting eveything down and i live in one of the bigger citys and even tho theres only one postive case here people are already acting nutz. there have been fights at the stores, kids running around all day causeing all kinds of trouble. all this is going on and i cant work. i just gonna stay in my house away from the crazy and play the sims like crazy

(I edited the title from convid to covid - Pet)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 03:29:54 PM by Petunia Mae Witherbottom »
TheArtAtomic - gamertag

The following users thanked this post: Kim, Betsy4Arts, mama, tahoe, Petunia Mae Witherbottom, Rebellina, Waleska

Offline Deestarr1234

Re: convid-19
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 07:46:05 PM »
We don't have enough testing kits in the US right now so they are only testing people who have been in areas with high rates of infection, or who have been exposed to others who have traveled to areas with high rates of infection, this has been going on in China since October meaning there are probably thousands of people in the US who have had it, assumed they had the flu and gotten over it without even knowing they had it. Social distancing and self quarantine work. This is how they got rid of the 1918 flu and this is why China has only had 15 new cases this month instead of the thousands per month they had ) Oct-Feb.

It's more how people are acting and treating each other, the hoarding and profiteering off of necessary things like TP, hand soap, and hand sanitizer that has me concerned.  Yes I have seen some amazing things like the people of Italy socializing on their balconies and porches, playing concerts together, and apparently throwing dance parties, the way the nerd/geek/gamer community has pulled together to support our people working in the hospitality industry (retail, restaurants, hotels, events management) and the artists, musicians, video game developers, comic book authors, tabletop game developers etc who are losing tons of money not only because they aren't able to sell their products on convention Expo floors but because some conventions aren't refunding money they spent on their booth and obviously they won't get reimbursed for cancelling hotels, plane flights, or marketing. But I've also heard stories of people beating each other up over packages of TP, and knocking people out of the way to be first in line at urgent cares (this happened to my mom), and people literally being told they have Covid19 and they must stay at home and remain at least 6 ft away from other people and going to work, and going to school, and going out partying anyway

This will pass. Up until we had immunizations and vaccines for things like measles, mumps, diptheria, polio, scarlet fever, chicken pox, the flu, and TB this happened every single year. People would get sick, towns would get quarantined. Everyone would stay home for a few weeks then things would get better. Relax, read a book, learn a new skill like embroidery, baking, furniture reupholstery, knitting etc.. Learn to make CC for the Sims- plenty of us who already know how to make CC are stuck and home and would be willing to teach you.. Things will be ok
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 06:53:28 AM by Deestarr1234 »

The following users thanked this post: Kim, Betsy4Arts, mama, tahoe, Petunia Mae Witherbottom, Rebellina, Waleska

Offline tahoe

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 07:50:48 PM »
I agree with you. I live in Sweden and there are many empty shelves in the store. I have not hoarded food but bought something extra from what I usually buy. Now they plan to start closing schools. It does not strike me when my children are adults but my grandchildren will be home and visit as long as they are healthy. They live next door to me.

The following users thanked this post: Kim, Betsy4Arts, Petunia Mae Witherbottom, Waleska

Online Heidi

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 01:43:36 AM »
Stay safe, guys! I fear stormy waters are coming upon us in the EU and the U.S.A. Be prepared!
Here in Germany the covid19 cases are skyrocketing and have already passed the South Korean state along with Spain and Italy (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/) but our government does nothing to protect the people, only the schools, unis and kindergarden are closed. Here are still landing planes from Iran, China, Italy etc. like in 'normal' times. We neither have respirator masks nor sanitizer (I do because I've seen videos from China already 2 months ago). That is spooky.

Is it really a coincidence that the NATO's DefenderEurope has started and now stopped? Yesterday, Macron said in his state-of-the-nation address: We are at war! Today our MP said: It's a matter of life and death! 10 days ago he and our secretary of 'health and human services' said: covid19 isn't worse than the flu and we are prepared very well, although China took millions of people in quarantine and closed its businesses and manufactories and lost billions ? I don't trust our government.

Today I've read that Spain is using drones to control the quarantine of it's people like China did but I've still not seen any videos or reportages from Italy or Spain.
Wtf is happening right now? One thing is obvious: 'They' are restricting our freedom and destroying the middle class. Do you know the Deagel list?
I hope to be a conspiracy theorist. 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 01:46:43 AM by Heidi »

The following users thanked this post: Kim, tahoe, Petunia Mae Witherbottom, Waleska

Offline LadySpider

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 07:25:10 AM »
This is getting really crazy. In Moscow schools and univercities are closing down and all the students should study online starting from Monday (I work as a teacher now and I have no idea how we are going to handle this). I went shopping (just a regular shopping) and the shelves are empty. The closest online delivery date is Mar., 31, so...
Please, take care, stay safe and calm crystalheart

The following users thanked this post: Kim, Betsy4Arts, Petunia Mae Witherbottom, Heidi, Rebellina, Waleska

Online dqsims

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 02:11:38 PM »
In the Poland people are getting crazy. Most of them buys toilet paper and pasta... The craziest thing is they aren't buying it to use,they sell these things in the internet... Schools are closed so i have a lot of homework and happily i don't have e-lessons. Government are probably going to extend the quarantine to the middle of April :c It's horrible time

The following users thanked this post: Kim, Betsy4Arts, tahoe, Waleska

Offline Kim

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 02:54:50 PM »
It's bad in the UK, shelves are empty in the shops. Can't get basic necessities such as toilet roll, pasta, rice, bread, nappies, eggs and even meat. No tinned goods either. The government are doing sod all to help. All the schools are still open. The government are telling those at risk to self isolate, but what are you supposed to do about food? Both my husband and I are in the high risk group, but we still need to go out for supplies. My son and his wife can't help as they are self isolating too and my daughter lives miles away and doesn't have a car. These are desperate times     headach
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 02:59:18 PM by Kim »

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, tahoe, Heidi, Waleska

Offline Petunia Mae Witherbottom

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2020, 03:02:19 PM »
Remember lorijune posting in the shout box a couple weeks ago that's she is quarantined in S. Korea?  I messaged her this morning to see how she is.

The following users thanked this post: Kim, Betsy4Arts, tahoe, Heidi, Waleska

Offline Louma

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2020, 03:42:38 PM »
Here in Egypt its going crazy too, we didnt reach that crazy COVID rates though, however the goverment is closing schools and unis and students are doing everything online, also so many people started working from home since they discovered lots of employees were infected.. every one is wearing masks and doing alot of desinfecting for every thing. Yet we are sure the govenmrnt is not well equiped to deal with the patients.

I hope everyone could be safe

The following users thanked this post: Kim, Betsy4Arts, tahoe, Heidi, Waleska

Offline Kim

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2020, 05:48:16 PM »
They've finally taken the decision in the UK to close all schools from Friday

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, mama, tahoe, Heidi, Waleska

Offline tahoe

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2020, 05:59:09 PM »

I read today that they have locked the door to the emergency room so if you have shortness of breath you have to go to a tent where they decide if you need care or not.
The doctors say if there are too many sick people, they will have to choose who will live or die. My parents and my mother-in-law have heart problems and my brother has a very bad immune system so it worries me. My mom called me this morning and was worried when she had a cough because I planned to visit her tomorrow. Me and my family are healthy.
But Sweden still accepts refugees because no other country wants them. Then there are even more who may need medical care.

The following users thanked this post: Kim, Betsy4Arts, Heidi, Waleska

Offline minena

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2020, 06:03:44 PM »
I am in the US in a small town in the midwest. Places are closing, schools are closed, pharmacies taking precautions, stores not too bad, but I shopped early. Some cases 100 miles north of me, but if I have to go out, I wear surgical gloves. I am retired so I am always home..there are unreported and/or undiagnosed cases everywhere, and in small rural communities, they may not even go to the Dr. for what they might think is just a bad cold hense my wearing of surgical gloves every time I leave the house for any reason.

Play it safe, wash hands, stay home as much as you can.

The following users thanked this post: Kim, Betsy4Arts, mama, tahoe, Heidi, Waleska

Online Heidi

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2020, 07:21:22 PM »
Marie, I understand your fear very well! I'm unable to see my daughter. She has a bad cold.

The following users thanked this post: Kim, Betsy4Arts, tahoe, Waleska

Online Koolaid1986

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2020, 10:59:38 AM »
i find it interesting to see that no matter where you are from we are all dealing with just about the same stuff. i am lucky that there is only one case in my city and that we still have some sort of ways to get out of the house. i could not image what it is like in places that you cant even leave your house. like that insane but i understand why they are doing it.I know given the madness that took place where i live i fear that if they do shut us down for 2 weeks i dont have enough stuff to last.

i do wish people didnt horde more then what they need for 2 weeks. they are buying out all the wic and low income stuff cause its cheap and by the time the rest of us make it out to get what we can afford theres nothing left. me and my husband went to the store adn we had to wait a few beofre we could go when this all started to get close to home and we have a limited budget i only had 15 bucks to try and buy 2 weeks worth of food. now normaly i could make this work because we would get cheap things the go a while like bread and pbj and stuff like that. well went tot he store and instead of 89 cent bread all they have is the 300 loafs and im like well crap this stucks. thankfully my family has been helpfull sending my money to buy food with but really i saw a chick with 6 gallons of milk and 10 loafs of bread and a lot of water like a huge amount and i like damn you gonna eat and drink all that before it goes bad?

just watch out in 9 mths we gonna have a lot of babys this may case anothe baby boomer year. lol jk
TheArtAtomic - gamertag

The following users thanked this post: Kim, Betsy4Arts, tahoe, Louma, Waleska

Offline Ivyrose

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2020, 11:09:28 AM »
I'm in South East of England, yesterday the government made the decision to close schools for all but the vulnerable and children of key workers such and healthcare, social care and delivery drivers. I teach and was in school until yesterday I'm now in social isolation as my hubby is high risk adult. I'm lucky I have lots of people around to help and I can still go to the shops. I've been going very early and very late as there are fewer people about. Although the ladies in my local co op are constantly filling the shelves they re emptying just as  quickly. I think a lot of people are buying locally because there either can't or don't want to go to the big supermarkets.
I have a grocery (good ol Tesco's) being delivered today but It think it's gaining to be a bit like Christmas to see what I actually get.
Working for home is strange, I'm teaching remotely, the school where I work has shut today and tomorrow for year 8 and 9 but reception and upwards to sixth form are all still in. Although my daughter who also works at the school has said there's more teachers than children in some area's.
I do feel bad about not going in I wasn't to support my colleagues and the key workers by looking after their children but I have to think of my hubby. It's a very difficult time for all of us in various ways.

Installed in my game and patched up to date.

The following users thanked this post: Kim, Betsy4Arts, tahoe, Louma, Waleska