Author Topic: Restless Leg Syndrome  (Read 127 times)

Online Kim

Restless Leg Syndrome
« on: March 07, 2020, 09:38:54 PM »
Any sufferers here? I get this occasionally at night and can't sleep and wondered how others cope with this or have any tips?  froggywoggy

Offline Waleska

Re: Restless Leg Syndrome
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 06:05:06 AM »
Water. Staying hydrated during the day decreases the discomfort a little. No caffeine... Move around the house just before bedtime, and when you feel it at bed, get out, take a brief walk around and try to do something to engage your mind (even if it is seated). Also a good magnesium supplement helps a lot. Hope these can be of help for you.
 hammie

« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 06:07:10 AM by Waleska »

The following users thanked this post: Kim, Betsy4Arts, Petunia Mae Witherbottom

Offline Simsophonique

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 08:27:19 PM »
I only heard about it , I don't suffer from . I cannot help you sweetie but I wanted to share with you some positive vibes  alpaca .

The following users thanked this post: Kim

Online Petunia Mae Witherbottom

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 08:31:36 PM »
Kim, do you take Diphenhydramine?  Benedryl?  That's the only time I get RLS.

Online Kim

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 11:31:46 PM »
Water. Staying hydrated during the day decreases the discomfort a little. No caffeine... Move around the house just before bedtime, and when you feel it at bed, get out, take a brief walk around and try to do something to engage your mind (even if it is seated). Also a good magnesium supplement helps a lot. Hope these can be of help for you.
 hammie

Tried all those lol Someone on facebook suggested putting a bar of soap in bed, absolutely swears by it!

I only heard about it , I don't suffer from . I cannot help you sweetie but I wanted to share with you some positive vibes  alpaca .
thankU

Kim, do you take Diphenhydramine?  Benedryl?  That's the only time I get RLS.

No I don't take those Pet, I used to take simvistatin, but it made it worse, so doc took me off them

The following users thanked this post: Petunia Mae Witherbottom, Simsophonique, Waleska

Offline Waleska

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 03:50:58 AM »
A bar of soap in bed!!!  klaugh
Well... maybe it was a lavender soap and the aroma helped him/her sleep LOL.
I changed caffeinated drinks for tons (actually tons) of water during the day and it works a lot for me. And I don not know if it is because it helps to sleep, but I bought a magnesium powder and mix it with juice before bed, and it works like a charm.

Offline minena

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 07:59:46 PM »
I suffer from it and it hits most when I am drowsy. I take carbodopa/levodopa 2-3 times a day. It is a dopamine enhancer. It produces and helps maintains a certain level of dopamine in your system. It take 1-1/2 hrs to take effect and it's duration is approx. 5 hrs.

Excersize, specifically walking, helps.