Author Topic: Books <3  (Read 8834 times)

Offline Jordana

Books <3
« on: August 02, 2015, 06:50:51 PM »
I just finished read8ng James Patterson's the Zoo, what a great read. And I have discovered a new author from the UK Angela Marsons, she writes in the edge of your seat detective type thrillers. I finished silent screams in 1 day.Literally could not put it down. And just started her second in the series evil games. What's your summer read?

THANK YOU KIM FOR THE BEAUTIFUL SIG AND AVATAR <3

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts

Offline Avalanche

Re: Books <3
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 08:57:35 PM »
I just finished reading my third Daphne DuMaurier book. First I read "Jamaica Inn", secondly "My cousin Rachel" and now "Rebecca". I also like to see the movies. I liked the new BBC version of "Jamaica Inn" better than the Hitchcock version!

The following users thanked this post: Jordana

Offline Edward

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 10:09:10 PM »
I've been reading the Jack Reacher books by Lee Childs.

Good stuff.

Offline madrigalpoet

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 03:53:38 PM »
I have been reading a supernatural fantasy, The Horned Shepherd by Edgar Jepson, and a young adult book, The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta. I have also discovered a new writer I want to read after I finish these books, Sarah Addison Allen. I want to read her one book The Girl Who Chased The Moon.

Offline kacicka777

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 04:33:07 PM »
Right now I´m reading scientific literature about Titanic and it´s moving reading with photos of Titanic and people who were there. And before that I´ve read Lord of the rings. Again  hearts

Offline ekrubynaffit

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 09:39:39 PM »
Im trying to get through The Young Lion by Blanche d'Alpuget. Its about Henry II and Im just not feeling it!! I think too much imagination has gone into this one and seems to be steering away from history and more into soap opera! Will muddle through it though!
For all your building needs and a few downloads of my own
https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/

Offline mama

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 10:51:55 PM »
I'm just finishing up (for the 2nd time) Under the Dome, by Stephan King and will be starting Mrs.Poe, by Lynn Cullen, my granddaughter says I HAVE to read this.  :)

Online Kim

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 11:14:53 PM »
I like anything by Stephen King, Dean Koontz and John Grisham. I also love autobiographies. I've just started reading Mandela :)

The following users thanked this post: mama, Jordana

Offline lashondarm

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 12:51:09 AM »
I also love anything by John Grisham.

Offline BlueSoup

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 04:19:54 AM »
I'm finishing up the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn.  I am so loving them, but sad that the author has died and new books are going to be written by someone else.  I can't decide if I want to carry on or not.

I also love Nelson DeMille.

Offline Jordana

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 04:59:19 PM »
My Kindle list is EXPANDING with every response!

THANK YOU KIM FOR THE BEAUTIFUL SIG AND AVATAR <3

Offline tomasina

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 12:43:11 AM »
I love The Secret by Rhonda Byrne loveybear

Offline mmekare79

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 07:05:04 AM »
Just finished re-reading The Strain series by Paul Hogan and Guillermo del Toro. Awesome books. They made a TV series too. Its good so far as well. I'm a Stephen King fanatic. I have all his books.

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 09:01:09 PM »
I have to open my goodreads so I can go through and add some of these authors and books to my to-read list. I've been on a horror kick all year that I can't seem to get my fill. My favorite authors this year were Ray Bradbury and Shirley Jackson, with a few Stephen King. Lauren Beukes was a surprise author that I also enjoyed and will likely read more books from though hers are more realist (even a smidge crime-style) so not quite what I have an itch for currently.

Offline Esky

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 09:47:10 PM »
I'm reading the Long Price Quartet (on book three!), and am on-and-off going through Pratchett's treasure trove. Also patiently waiting for the Winds of Winter - hurry up, George!