Author Topic: Hard Days - Hazel kitty  (Read 68 times)

Offline Petunia Mae Witherbottom

Hard Days - Hazel kitty
« on: January 15, 2020, 11:28:47 AM »
My sweet, best kitty ever Hazel may be on her last day(s).

She's been poorly most all of last year, but not all the time.  She's supposed to be 7 yrs old, but 3 weeks ago the vet said she is 10 to 15 yrs old!!!
He diagnosed her with Inflamatory Bowel Disease.
She rallied in the next couple weeks, but last Sunday we were back to not able to keep anything down.  I took her in Monday morning.  Now she is diagnosed with Megacolon.  They believe hers is from a neurological issue, meaning she has lost the ability to move muscles to ... ... go number two.
She may have a couple more good years on medication, or she may not get past today.  I am doing my best and Hazel is doing her best.
Since coming home Monday afternoon from the vet, I've stayed in my lazyboy with her sleeping on my chest.  We do get up and walk. 
I'm stressed and sad, but I do have the peace about her that only God can give.  I did not think I would bring her back home Monday, so I'm on an emotional roller coaster of being sad and then being happy.  Hazel is the most obedient cat I have EVER had and has brought joy to me every single day for the last 6 years.  And she's a snuggler.

Thanks for reading.  I may not be making much sense recently and wanted to explain why.

The following users thanked this post: MaAlet

Offline Kim

Re: Hard Days - Hazel kitty
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 04:26:06 PM »
Sad news, sending big hug Pet  :sorry:

The following users thanked this post: MaAlet, Petunia Mae Witherbottom

Online Betsy4Arts

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 04:58:16 PM »
 minibud Oh Sweetheart I am so terribly sorry to hear this. I know how much dear Hazel means to you. It's so unfair that those small little animals that take up so much of our heart are only with us for such a short amount of time in human years. Hopefully the medication will do its job and you'll have your girl for years to come. You'll both be in my heart & thoughts... :pinkieheart

Offline homeroxana

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 11:34:19 PM »
Well, just the other day I was shopping for my cats and met a women who says to me her cat turns 20 years of age this month and still in perfect shape...but this was not enough for her since she thought she was very old to stay with her much longer from now on...I think that is the same with people...What makes some of them fit to leave long lives and others are not... like life is some sort of lottery and you buy a ticket...It is very sad for any life to end, but to expect it every day is the worse that could be...you mustn't ask yourself this question how many weeks, month or years... because this problem is in God's hands and you must trust that HE WILL HANDLE IT THE BEST POSSIBLE WAY...The saying that life is made only from today is the most hard to follow...There will always be regrets and fear, but also hope and happy memories...And yes, these pets are a blessing in our lives...

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 08:24:42 AM »
So sorry! Big hugs and lots of support BetsyRose

The following users thanked this post: Petunia Mae Witherbottom

Offline Petunia Mae Witherbottom

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 07:02:36 PM »
Thank you, everyone.

Roller coaster...I ran Hazel to the vet again this morning, just got back.  She had fluids put in, a dose of nausea medicine, cat treats, exam that says her tummy is empty and she may not have Megacolon after all.

Now she is eating like a little pig.

The following users thanked this post: riekus13