Author Topic: Slightly frustrated  (Read 464 times)

Offline minena

Slightly frustrated
« on: January 10, 2020, 09:05:45 PM »
As if it isn't hard enough to find quality TS4 CC, I'm finding a majority of the download links are adfly or patreon ( whatever the **** that is).

/rant off

The following users thanked this post: riekus13, tahoe

Offline MsTeaQueen

Re: Slightly frustrated
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 06:35:12 PM »
Yea. its pretty sad.  Maybe you can find some content here.

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, Louma, Koolaid1986

Offline minena

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 09:42:08 PM »
Thanks for the link. I had gone to Leosims and the download links all come up with adfly. Thank goodness for Peace :)

Offline animefemme

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 05:32:02 PM »
Do you use Chrome for your browser? I found a Chrome  plugin that's an adfly skipper, and it's been a GODSEND. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adfly-skipper/obnfifcganohemahpomajbhocfkdgmjb?hl=en

Even if you don't use Chrome regularly (I use Firefox), I still just open a new window in Chrome just for the adfly downloads.

sohappyhappyhappy

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, mama, tahoe, homeroxana, MsTeaQueen, Koolaid1986

Offline minena

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 01:41:42 AM »
I do use Chrome exclusively and I just found that extension, Thanks!

The following users thanked this post: animefemme

Offline Koolaid1986

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 09:17:43 PM »
Yea. its pretty sad.  Maybe you can find some content here.

how have i not know about this site  thanks fore the share greenie

Do you use Chrome for your browser? I found a Chrome  plugin that's an adfly skipper, and it's been a GODSEND. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adfly-skipper/obnfifcganohemahpomajbhocfkdgmjb?hl=en

Even if you don't use Chrome regularly (I use Firefox), I still just open a new window in Chrome just for the adfly downloads.

sohappyhappyhappy

Thanks for this too i just added it.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 09:19:44 PM by Koolaid1986 »
TheArtAtomic - gamertag

Online mama

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 04:21:49 PM »
 headach I agree, the ad-fly and patreon is way out of hand!  Never had this mess with 2 or 3.  Why all of a sudden do some feel they need to make money off of things they make?  Make stuff for the Arcade (for 2nd life) that's all paid cc.  But, Sims shouldn't be.  I'm sorry I just don't agree with it. I'm on quite a few Facebook groups, and they are always on there arguing over, is it right or wrong to charge, they get down right mean about it!  And yes, it's true, if you don't want to pay for cc, don't use it.  But, that still doesn't make it right.  Yes, I know the time and talent it takes to make cc, but back in the day, it was made for the love of the game, not profit. But, some will find a way to make a dime off of anything, I guess.

The following users thanked this post: tahoe

Online mama

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 04:23:10 PM »
Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for creators to get paid. For creators, Patreon is a way to get paid for creating the things you're already creating (webcomics, videos, songs, whatevs).

Online Kim

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2020, 04:37:07 PM »
I would NEVER put my stuff behind a paywall, it's a hobby, not a job!  headach

The following users thanked this post: mama, tahoe, minena

Offline Koolaid1986

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 06:25:08 PM »
i would share WHt ever i make and just have a donation option if you like it cool use it if you really like it cool donate
TheArtAtomic - gamertag

The following users thanked this post: mama

Offline Simsophonique

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 07:40:38 PM »
I am trying as most as I can to stay as maxis match friendly as possible. Alpha cc and sims 4 don't really match well together except when you don't have the choices.About Patreon, reminds me of pay sites for the sims 2.  The story is repeating. I am afraid the future of the sims 5 custom contents with such greedy people. doggie

Offline Koolaid1986

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2020, 12:12:25 AM »
oh boy the sims 5 i havent even begon to think about the next gen of the sims i hope ea really does it right mix the best of all 4 sims and make  GRET MASTER SIMS
TheArtAtomic - gamertag

Offline Simsophonique

« Reply #12 on: Today at 04:24:33 PM »
oh boy the sims 5 i havent even begon to think about the next gen of the sims i hope ea really does it right mix the best of all 4 sims and make  GRET MASTER SIMS
I am just afraid it was not possible to download anything correct with such money greedy people freely if a sims 5 or an other sims will come out and some contents are scamped by their creators at the moment especially alpha meshes.