Author Topic: I'm Going In For Surgery  (Read 182 times)

Online Petunia Mae Witherbottom

I'm Going In For Surgery
« on: August 31, 2019, 07:22:57 PM »
 crystalheart
Hi, SimPearls family!
This Wed, Sept 4th, I am going to have Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion at the L4 to S1 levels of my spine.  They don't cut the bone out of the pelvic bone anymore, but they cut bone out of the spine and, along with cadaver bone, fuse it back in the spine.  I'll get two NASA-grade artificial discs put in; 6 titanium screws and 2 metal rods. 

I am ready.  I've been trying to get this done for two years.  I have everything in place now and after spending the whole day yesterday doing all the pre-admission testing and discussions I don't feel scared any more.  Nevertheless, please keep me and my little Hazel kitty in your prayers.   thankU

It will take 6 - 12 months for the spine to heal, but I should be up and walking a couple hours after surgery.  I'm told to expect the hospital stay to last 2 - 4 days, but it wouldn't surprise me if I left the day after surgery.

I'll close the current From The Ground Up I'm hosting at the normal time and prepare it for voting.  (If you need more time just let me know - no staff here has any problems with late entries with a good reason.) 

ENJOY THIS WEEKEND, FRIENDS!  And post a lot of objects/houses for me to look at from my hospital room!  Yours always, Pet   Pet!!!

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts

Offline Betsy4Arts

Re: I'm Going In For Surgery
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 08:18:34 PM »
:hug: You know you'll be in my thoughts. Please try to let us know how you're doing as soon as you feel up to it. Good luck, take it as easy as possible and take care Dear Pet.

The following users thanked this post: Petunia Mae Witherbottom

Online Kim

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 09:59:11 AM »
Sending much love and positive thoughts,  hope it goes smoothly. Please keep us updated as soon as you are able  greenie

Offline homeroxana

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 02:09:09 PM »
Well, I will dedicate my tuesday qi gong session to you, since my master says it could do much good for us both...I wish you luck...and all the hopes that you put into this to lead to a good outcome...not good...AWSOME...

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, Petunia Mae Witherbottom

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, Petunia Mae Witherbottom

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 03:25:31 PM »
Well, I will dedicate my tuesday qi gong session to you, since my master says it could do much good for us both...I wish you luck...and all the hopes that you put into this to lead to a good outcome...not good...AWSOME...

Thank you, Betsy, Kim and homeroxana.
I have made/am making baked butternut squash; squash casserole; chicken breasts(4); goulash; mac & cheese; beef & veggie lasagna so far, to freeze as meals.  After all, I live way out in the woods and will not be able to do anything for 3 months.

I had to google qi gong...very cool!

Offline Deestarr1234

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 01:17:46 PM »
Thinking about you, good luck

Offline Deatherella

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 06:48:21 PM »
I'm a little late.
I hope everything went well in your surgery. Now, comes the work and I hope it all goes as well for you as my recovery from my total knee replacement (along with both leg bones getting sanded down and rebuilt with steel). I think the worst part is the first time they make you get out of bed and walk -- as you probably have found out for yourself by now.
At first, it'll seem like everything just hurts, but then you start noticing things that you couldn't do the day before and you feel a little better with each passing week. Slow but sure with these major surgeries and their recovery times.
My best advice is move your body as a whole.

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2019, 12:28:48 AM »
Thanik you, everyone, for your love and prayers.  I came home this afternoon via ambulance.  Home health care should start Monday.  I took a nap and ate some cfrackers and juice and read emails.  I"m ook, im sleepy and grateful.  I' m not really hungry but think i might try soemething small to eat to t5ake some pills with.  All is well, and Hazel kitty is perfect.  :D 

Offline Betsy4Arts

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2019, 01:25:27 AM »
cathea I'm sure that Hazel is glad you're home.  :pinkieheart :pinkieheart :pinkieheart She'll do her best to make you feel better. Take care Sweetheart

Offline homeroxana

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2019, 01:53:25 PM »
Well I'm very happy that you are safe home...there's no place like home, but be careful not to stress yourself too much...There is consolation that the laptop is so handy and you could chat and be part of the world...Please put all your efforts into your recovery and 3 month will pass like a wind...