Author Topic: DOTY Suggeations  (Read 283 times)

Offline Betsy4Arts

DOTY Suggeations
« on: June 04, 2019, 12:03:50 AM »
I hope that everyone had a fun time with our DOTY 2019! We will be hosting the DOTY 2020 before you know it. I'd like to hear any suggestions that you might have for next year. Improvements that we can make. I will take all suggestions seriously and consider adding them. So please give this some thought. You have the next 9 months to post your suggestions....  thankU

The following users thanked this post: Takart, tahoe, szanne7000, homeroxana, Petunia Mae Witherbottom

The following users thanked this post: Takart, tahoe, szanne7000, homeroxana, Petunia Mae Witherbottom

Offline Petunia Mae Witherbottom

Re: DOTY Suggeations
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 12:41:23 PM »
I'm wondering if text posted inside pictures makes it hard for non-English speaking members to translate?  Using Google Translate I copy and paste text into it, but can't copy text if it's in a picture.

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, szanne7000, Greengirl

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, szanne7000, Greengirl

Offline Greengirl

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 04:31:52 AM »
First off, Iíd like to say how awesome this years DOTY was. Personally I find it really tough to stay creative and inspired for the entire competition, by about round 5 the burnout is real! This year, I only had one round where I was feeling creatively meh, so thank you to the round creators for that.
Iím not sure about ideas for the future, but Iíll definitely be thinking about it and report back in when I come up with ideas.

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, szanne7000, homeroxana, Petunia Mae Witherbottom

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, szanne7000, homeroxana, Petunia Mae Witherbottom

Offline homeroxana

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 09:15:22 PM »
Well, Greengirl - I must say I like your nick name a lot, in my country there is a song by this name, something about the mythical and magical world of the forest...the eyes of the forest have the power to attract  the winged-ones mythical creatures that have the gift to let you get lost in the forest by night, they are born from a star and are immortal...very beautiful but cold... Sorry, I was carried away... I thought your last entry was original and you are so talented at presenting your ideas...I love your work...Now about ideas for the next DOTY I don't know if it could be of some help, but I will put it anyway...I love  old houses and I always try to mix modern with lovely old pieces of furniture, so the house could still tell a story after renovation...I find this very challenging...I would love to see other people's idea about preserving authenticity in old houses and still give them that air of freshness and practicality of a modern home. If I am to take this further, I will mention a room in that house and an object that must stay somehow untouched and to design that room around it, without making it look outdated...I see a lot of people play building victorian homes and I'm in love with that sort of objects, but I know my characters must be people from today, so I try to combine the two...Thanks for bearing with me...and one idea may lead to another...

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, szanne7000, Petunia Mae Witherbottom

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, szanne7000, Petunia Mae Witherbottom