Author Topic: DOTY 2019~Round 6~Questions & Comments  (Read 197 times)

Offline Betsy4Arts

DOTY 2019~Round 6~Questions & Comments
« on: May 08, 2019, 06:18:33 PM »

The following users thanked this post: szanne7000, RanaPeach

Offline moxxa

Re: DOTY 2019~Round 6~Questions & Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 10:31:18 AM »

I have a couple of questions.

We have to do a rustic farmhouse kitchen with modern touches. I havee searched through style and inspiration pictures and it varies so much. Does it mean rustic rustic like old and worn darker wood or something more updated like Magnolia/Joanna Gaines/Fixer Upper which is rustic but still kinda modern with lighter colors?

For the colors, can we use them for wood on the kitchen cabinets and countertops, or just for the details around the room?

In the kitchen we need traditional table and chairs. Is that like a formal dining or can it be more like a breakfast nook? Can the kitchen have an island, and if we make an open floor plan, can we decorate the rest of the room or just the kitchen?

Thanks and sorry for the pile of questions.

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, ekrubynaffit, szanne7000, RanaPeach

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, ekrubynaffit, szanne7000, RanaPeach

Offline Kim

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 08:04:47 PM »
So sorry for the late reply, I've been really busy today

You can choose to have old and rustic, but I was thinking more like an old kitchen that has been part modernised, ie: new appliances, cupboard and base units. but still has an old aga type stove, belfast sink and some open shelving. Look at the images in the header for the sort of thing I mean.

For the colours, just use them in deco items around the room, they don't have to be an exact match, just similar

Old farmhouse kitchens traditionally used to have a wooden table and chairs in the centre, where meals were prepared and the family sat to eat. I feel an island would be too modern

I hope this covers what you asked, but feel free to ask more questions  greenie

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, moxxa, ekrubynaffit, szanne7000, Petunia Mae Witherbottom, RanaPeach

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, moxxa, ekrubynaffit, szanne7000, Petunia Mae Witherbottom, RanaPeach

Offline ekrubynaffit

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 09:56:14 PM »
Do you know what's really frustrating?
When you go on a cc hunt for the current round and you find things that would have been perfect for the previous round!! Every single round this has happened to me, its like the sims universe is laughing in my face saying 'oh look this would be perfect, but you've already done it' and then hear that annoying laugh from Nelson in the Simpsons in my head to go with it!!! grrrr!  ohewww
For all your building needs and a few downloads of my own
https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/

The following users thanked this post: Kim, Betsy4Arts, Belinda, szanne7000, justJones, Greengirl, RanaPeach

The following users thanked this post: Kim, Betsy4Arts, Belinda, szanne7000, justJones, Greengirl, RanaPeach

Offline ekrubynaffit

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 05:54:33 AM »
Is a butlers/Apron sink a must? With sims 2 am having trouble finding one thats not attached to a counter already. I know it isn't in the criteria just want to make sure it's not something that we'd lose points on if not included. (of course there will be a sink in almost the look!!)

Never mind I 'think' I have found one that may work when put on omsps and a bit of tweaking!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 05:59:34 AM by ekrubynaffit »
For all your building needs and a few downloads of my own
https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/

Offline Greengirl

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 03:26:27 AM »
would the stove from this  set be ok? https://sanoysims.tumblr.com/post/156512427276/

Offline Kim

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 08:51:57 AM »
Yes, that's fine  doggie

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, szanne7000, Greengirl, RanaPeach

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, szanne7000, Greengirl, RanaPeach