Author Topic: Excluding CC in Game  (Read 441 times)

Offline FannyCandySims

Excluding CC in Game
« on: March 17, 2019, 12:50:41 PM »
In purchase mode, I noticed that when you select the object, you have the option to delete it. Can anyone tell me if deleting the desired object will not only be available in purchase mode but also in the download folder?
FannyCandySims

The following users thanked this post: dqsims

The following users thanked this post: dqsims

Offline lorijune

Re: Excluding CC in Game
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 02:15:01 PM »
In Sims 2, if you delete an item in buy mode, it will also be deleted from your downloads file.  I use this method all the time to glean unwanted or unused custom content from my game.  You can also delete unwanted recolors in buy mode even if you want to keep the mesh object.  If you delete a window, it will only delete the straight mesh and leave the now useless diagonal mesh behind in your downloads file, so you will have to go into your downloads file to delete that.  Also, if you delete an item without deleting the recolors first, it will often leave the now useless recolors behind in your downloads file.  I hope this answers your questions.  Happy Simming! 

The following users thanked this post: Astarte64, FannyCandySims, dqsims

The following users thanked this post: Astarte64, FannyCandySims, dqsims

Offline FannyCandySims

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 05:10:06 PM »
Thank you lorijune, your response helped me a lot.  :pinkieheart
FannyCandySims

Offline maxon

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 09:24:25 PM »
A really easy way to delete recolours first (which you should do before the main object) is to use the swatch tool - it's more much stable than deleting the recolours direct from the catalogue display.

The following users thanked this post: FannyCandySims

The following users thanked this post: FannyCandySims

Offline FannyCandySims

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 11:33:15 AM »
Thank you Maxon for your help. I'm honestly creating a batch with the cc that I do not want, transferring it to a file and then copying the name, pasting and searching the Start menu and deleting it, but it takes a while. I deleted some directly from the catalog, but as I am not used to it, I wonder if it was definitely excluded. unfortunately I think I deletedi some recolous and no meshes. It was good that you commented here, because then I remember what has already been said here and I do it the easy way.
FannyCandySims

Offline maxon

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 04:54:41 PM »
Bear in mind that you need to be careful if you're deleting in game.  You need to think about what sort of thing you are deleting and act accordingly. 

There can be an issue with deleting from the object catalogue if you have installed things like defaults for EAxis textures.  If these are installed incorrectly (in the first place), EAxis game content can show with the CC star and you can run into the danger of inadvertently deleting actual game content and that will fry your installation.  So take care.  In a similar way, repositoried objects can cause issues though whether you delete by hand or from the catalogue makes no difference there - delete the master object and the rest of the set won't work (one of the reasons I dislike repository sets, despite having made some myself).  Walls, floors and terrain paints can be deleted freely.  Skins are a whole other issue though it's possible to delete these in game too (something I often do - actually usually do since you can see what you're deleting easily).  But there's a risk of orphan files whatever you're doing.

TBH, unless you know exactly what you're doing, I think you'd probably be safest deleting stuff by hand from the actual Downloads folder and try to make sure you get everything.  Deleting in game is attractive because it's the only place we can see exactly what it is we're deleting but it has pitfalls.