Author Topic: Goodbye sims 2  (Read 1587 times)

Offline simlily

Goodbye sims 2
« on: January 08, 2019, 01:39:05 AM »
I can hardly believe It is the end of sims 2.  I have been a die hard player for years. My game would not load today, error msg of missing content. I contacted Origin and they no longer support the game.  Thanks for telling me Origin.  I have the sims 4 but not a big fan.  Feeling a little lost tonight.

Offline homeroxana

Re: Goodbye sims 2
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 06:52:02 PM »
My game is from CD, but my kids found a version that didn t need Origin to start, but I didn t try it since on the new monitor everything looks diformed. I wanted to be Win10 compatible, so they put Sims2 on another computer with a lovely flat big monitor... I have no heart to tell them it didn t look OK.

Offline simlily

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 09:10:21 PM »
Awe that is so sweet that they wanted to help you,
I have all on disc but the expansions wouldn't update with out Origin.

Offline mustluvcatz

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 10:55:47 PM »
There IS a way to play the game without needing Origin. I saw a post about it on tumblr recently, let me see if I can find it again. :) Found it: http://nixedsims.tumblr.com/post/181717135187  -  if you can't see the post for some reason (not sure if you need an account, have to be following someone.. whatever. Tumblr remains a mystery to me for the most part, lol.), let me know and I'll copy/paste what it says.
Did you use the discs to install the game? After you do what's in that post (which is really just using a no-cd .exe, which I've done for years and it's perfectly safe to use), I'm not sure how you'd go about patching the game then. I do know that MTS has the patches, or a link to them, somewhere if you need them.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 11:04:57 PM by mustluvcatz »

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, moondew, Rhondalette

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, moondew, Rhondalette

Offline Kim

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 12:29:37 AM »
The no cd crack can also be used with origin, I have used it sucessfully with ultimate collection. I no longer need origin to play, the game loads without it  greenie

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, moondew

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, moondew

Offline simlily

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 10:38:50 AM »
Thanks Kim  I unfortunately deleted my game from Origin and then found out I couldn't download it anymore.  I am going to borrow all the discs from my sister in law and see if your tip works. I know I could install the original sims but not the expansions, again thank you.

Offline homeroxana

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 11:06:17 PM »
Please tell me what is this patch for? Since I never had internet on my computer, I never patch my game.Yes, I seldom use the Maxis objects. I was even thinking if the objects that are Maxis could not be replaced with other objects by simply using the same guids, but since I never learned to mesh I never try it.

Offline Kim

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 04:27:39 AM »
If you need the expansion patches, they are here

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, homeroxana, moondew, simlily

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, homeroxana, moondew, simlily

Offline simlily

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 08:46:13 PM »
here's a dumb question, where do these files go?

Offline simlily

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 06:07:25 PM »
 politebear Kim you are my hero...I got the CD's back and installed them using the link you provided and just unzipped the updates into my sims 2 folder....AND I am able to play Sims 2 again!!!!  So happy and grateful for your help.

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, Astarte64, moondew, Petunia Mae Witherbottom

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, Astarte64, moondew, Petunia Mae Witherbottom

Offline Kim

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 06:27:31 PM »
Yay! Great news  sohappyhappyhappy

Online Betsy4Arts

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2019, 07:47:26 PM »
hpypickle hpypickle  cutethfroggie hpypickle hpypickle

Offline homeroxana

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2019, 08:57:05 PM »
If you need the expansion patches, they are here
So what all these patches mean...I understand these are improvements... they found some mistakes in the game and  released these to solve them...So if I have the UC I still need them? And the ultimate update ment EA via Origin updated the game untll they decided no longer to support it?

Offline Kim

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2019, 09:13:52 PM »
If you have the UC version, it already has the patches  foxy

The following users thanked this post: homeroxana, boolpropbea

The following users thanked this post: homeroxana, boolpropbea

Offline lordtyger9

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2019, 10:54:08 AM »
I would not worry about it when EA Games tells that they don't support The Sims 2, it just means that they will not answer your questions or help you with the game. 

Well the answer is you ask fellow players of The Sims 2 that you can interact with on line. like here on this site as well as others. There are still a fair number of good sites that will have people that can help with the game if you have questions.
Curiousity Killed the Cat, but Satisfaction brought it back!

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, Astarte64, homeroxana, moondew

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, Astarte64, homeroxana, moondew