Author Topic: Deleting CC from Mods-folder whilst in game  (Read 487 times)

Offline anakin

Deleting CC from Mods-folder whilst in game
« on: December 08, 2018, 03:09:09 PM »
I want to try to clean some of my CC up by simply placing it in a room, seeing how it looks, and if I don't like it.. Delete it from my Mods-folder right away, so whilst the game is running.

I did a session with my WHOLE Mods-folder in Sims4Studio not too long ago, but the hard thing about that is there is no way to see how CC looks in game, and some of it just looks so bad, is missing a footprint resource which I can't find anywhere etc etc. so doing it whilst the game is running just seems so much easier.

Has anyone tried this? (ON MAC, not sure whether that matters though...) Did it work?
please visit my Simblr:
www.anakinsimblr.tumblr.com

Offline Deestarr1234

Re: Deleting CC from Mods-folder whilst in game
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 04:39:52 PM »
There is no way to delete CC in game for Sims 4 like there was for Sims 3 and Sims 2. The best way to go about it is to go here and download the Sims 4 Tray Importer. Put an unmerged mods folder (meaning none of your files are merged into single packages) with all your Cc into into your game (loading may take awhile with unmerged files since the more files Sims 4 has to read the longer your load time will be).

For bad build/buy Cc (flashing blue, recolors missing mesh, not updated since the 1st patch) either build a lot and place the objects on the lot, or put them on an existing lot save the lot to your library-- so that you have tray files for it .
For bad CAS CC - make a Sim- put the bad CAS item (s) on the Sim .. I usually will try to put one or 2 pieces per outfit category-- save the Sim to your library.
DO NOT USE ANY CC OTHER THAN THE PROBLEM CC- DO NOT USE MERGED CC FILES

Open up S4TI- Click on the saved Sim or Lot -- it will give you a list of all the CC on the lot/sim .. it identifies the problem items by the creator name, and the name of the file -- click on the export tray item button-- then hit export with mods-- it will export the Sim/Lot with all of the CC in a separate zip/rar file -- then you can go into that mods file check the file names and delete them. Don't forget to delete your cache files or they will remain in your game.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 04:42:12 PM by Deestarr1234 »

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, mama

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, mama

Offline anakin

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 09:36:27 PM »
Thanks, Dee! That makes sense.
However what I meant was opening the game, looking at the CC and if I find something I don't like, go out of the game and into the Mods-folder and delete it. It's quite simple on Mac as the default mode for running the game seems to be so called "windowed mode", so you can easily do other stuff whilst playing :) Just not sure what altering the Mods-folder whilst the game is running would do??

Your method seems to do what I want as well though, as I could also place CC I simply don't like on a lot, not necessarily just broken ones, export it and then delete it using the mod, I suppose? :)
please visit my Simblr:

Offline anakin

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 07:41:31 PM »
Thanks, Dee! That makes sense.
However what I meant was opening the game, looking at the CC and if I find something I don't like, go out of the game and into the Mods-folder and delete it. It's quite simple on Mac as the default mode for running the game seems to be so called "windowed mode", so you can easily do other stuff whilst playing :) Just not sure what altering the Mods-folder whilst the game is running would do??

Your method seems to do what I want as well though, as I could also place CC I simply don't like on a lot, not necessarily just broken ones, export it and then delete it using the mod, I suppose? :)
In case anyone is wondering, this works :D Just cleared out 5G of CC using this method.
please visit my Simblr:

The following users thanked this post: Petunia Mae Witherbottom

The following users thanked this post: Petunia Mae Witherbottom