Announcements

:flowheartpink Looking for the chatbox? It's HERE  :bluflowpot

Author Topic: EA deleted almost all of my cc  (Read 766 times)

Offline mama

EA deleted almost all of my cc
« on: February 08, 2018, 02:07:46 AM »
 headach ohewww I am so mad, I could spit nails!   Finished my FTGU, was going back tonight to take my pictures. Lo and behold, a notice pops up something about CC deleted because I don't own it.  I am confused, I don't download anything that requires an add on I don't have.  Why would I??????????????????
Needless to say almost all of my windows and doors are gone, ones I've been using for over a month.  Most of my surfaces, comfort, deco stuff, it's all gone, over a thousand things!
Does anyone know why this happened?
I'm really mad I worked about 10 hours Sunday on my FTGU and another 4 hours Monday!  It's almost an empty shell, I don't want to re-do everything. :embarrassed_cut: :pullinghair:

Ok, the pop up said it had been deleted because it was stuff I don't own,  it deleted everything from simcredible,  all of my windows, doors, almost everything I got from tsr,  I've spent one month just working on my mods folder, weeding out what I didn't want, checking to make sure it was ok, running sims4 studio.  Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?   

So, I went to my back up mods folder, put in stuff that is missing and it still will not allow me to have it in game, just says it was removed because I don't own it!  What?????????????????
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 03:49:40 AM by mama »

Offline Petunia Mae Witherbottom

Re: EA deleted almost all of my cc
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 10:13:34 AM »
I get that popup every time Origins needs to update or reinstall the game - I HATE Origin! - but the only thing that is affected by the upgrade is my cc gets the "script call failed" and has to be updated.  For instance, the one tile desk I had just made for Christmas won't place anymore.  It shows in catalog but when you try to place it in the house it won't place.

Mama, I'm sure you know this, but in game go to menu and select "allow custom content" and then restart.

I miss the good old days where we just had to stick a CD in the puter to play the game!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:37:53 AM by Petunia Mae Witherbottom »

The following users thanked this post: mama

Offline mama

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 04:18:32 PM »
I hate origins also, I think it's highly stupid that we have to go thru all of this stupid crap with it!   I tried everything, nothing worked.  The cc  (a little over 5,000 files (!!!!!) are gone. Gone from the game and gone from my mods folder!  Gone from my computer~  just gone, vanished.  I searched everywhere for them, and they are gone.  Deleted from my computer! 
No one has heard of this, but it's me, if anything weird or different is going to happen, it happens to me.   lol
So, I uninstalled my game, re installed it and will start adding cc this morning.
I'm so mad because I took over a month to find stuff, couldn't find a lot I had, because of sites closing.  I was very careful to only download what was basegame or the couple of others that I have, made sure I had all meshes if needed.  Went thru and cleaned it out Saturday, and lose it all. 
My FTGU was completly finished, except for the bed, I was searching for a suitable bed spread, now it's gone..  Oh well, start all over with the cc and the house.  What are you gonna do? 

Offline Kim

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 04:22:47 PM »
Bit of advice, keep a backup copy of your downloads. stick them on disc or external drive  ksmile

Offline Lady Raven

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 05:00:21 PM »
How I hate EA for this stupid ... Things!
Try to run Origin in offline-mode. Origin -> Go offline. Im not sure, but I think what in this mode, Origin doesn't check a game files. And doesn't send requests to EA-servers for checking.
I'm Olaf and I like warm hugs!

Offline Michelle

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 09:18:35 PM »
Be sure to put your mods folder on your desktop before you update,,,that should help :)