Author Topic: computer help please !!!!!  (Read 242 times)

Offline moore22157

computer help please !!!!!
« on: July 12, 2017, 04:57:40 AM »
Hi all
    It just seems like everything fall apart at the same time. Found out last week that I have an enlarge heart, not sure what that means but it don't sound good. Had a stroke earlier this year. And that is not including all the other things wrong with me. So now my computer is acting up. I am not very bright when it comes to computer stuff, truth I am just not very bright. Anyway I search google and found out I needed to do a  command prompt,  and even went to Microsoft and found out what to do. So after the scan this is what it said. windows resource  protection found corrupt files but were unable to fix some of them. Microsoft then provided me with to do next. It wanted me to read the CBS.Log file to find out what files were corrupt so I could manually replace them. Then it said You may be able to get a known good copy of the system file from another computer that is running the same version of Windows with your compute. I don't have another computer I just got this one a little over a year ago. and I am on SSI on a tight fix income. I never leave the house except to go to the doctors as it is painful for me. No one comes to see me I am all alone, so I don't know anyone with the same kind of computer as me nor can I buy a new one. And even if I did have a extra computer on hand I don't understand how to read the  CBS.Log file to find out what I need to replace. So after all this here is my questions.  If someone can read this thing for me and tell me what I need, and if there is some were online were I can download the files I need.
                                            Thanks for all help

Offline Petunia Mae Witherbottom

Re: computer help please !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 11:46:51 AM »
Sweetie, don't rely on information you find just on google - always go with a trusted source.  I would suggest you let your virus protector scan your computer for bad files, then do what they suggest. 
I don't know what a CBS.Log file is. 
If your computer is acting weird you can restore it to a time before it started acting weird.
If you have Windows 10 you can go to your control panel and maintenance and choose analyze and optimize.

Offline Illusions

Re: computer help please !!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 04:16:29 PM »
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your conditions. I'll try my best to make this easy [as much as I can].
I'm pretty good with helping with computers. I'm a little confused though. what exactly were you doing? Like, what was your reason to use the command prompt. I understand your computer was acting up. What exactly was going on?

Thanks,

Niko

*Ponders* I've Been Playing Sims Series...forever...It Seems