Author Topic: Ingame camera or screen capture software  (Read 373 times)

Offline lanagrace

Ingame camera or screen capture software
« on: June 25, 2017, 07:16:36 AM »
Hi guys, it's me again. The nerdy Sims 2 newbie.
Today I am wondering about the quality of Sims2 photographs. How do you skilled creators manage to capture such high quality pictures. Photos I Take with the ingame camera look pretty sad. Is that due to my computers graphic performance? Or so you /and should I / use a screen capture software? Can anyone recommend a freeware version?
As always I am deeply grateful for shared thoughts.
Your Sims 2 apprentice, Lana

Offline riekus13

Re: Ingame camera or screen capture software
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 01:13:31 PM »
Use a screen capturing software. The ingame camera takes blurry pictures.
I use screenhunter. LINK

Another good one is Gadwin printscreen.

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, Avrora, Rhondalette, lanagrace

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, Avrora, Rhondalette, lanagrace

Offline lanagrace

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 03:23:30 PM »
Thank you riekus! Now my pictures look better. Great software. 
Another thing I learned about the game today: one can only build a certain amount of walls on one lot. Grrrrrr! Now either my hospital has to stay a shell or the highrise next to it has to shrink. Or is there a cheat or a mod for unlimited walls?
Walls!!! Walls!!! I need more walls!!!!

Offline riekus13

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 04:00:25 PM »
I never heard that about the amount of walls...
But I do know there is a limit to the number of floors/stories...(higher than 16 up and your game will crash)

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts

Offline minena

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 12:44:24 AM »
I'm running Win 10 and had issues with Gadwin only capturing my desktop so I am currently using Fraps.

Offline lanagrace

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 06:22:17 AM »
That limited walls issue really is a thing. After experiencing it myself I googled it and found out that others have the same issue. Couldn't find a solution other than building smaller constructions, yet. I know how to cheat my way to more levels but once I hit the magic number of walls (haven't counted how many is tops) I can build everything but walls. I can delete walls and build new ones instead... until I hit the max. limit. Oh well, I guess I have to rethink my whole building strategie. My goal is an open big city look and feeling while still being able to play.
I use hood decoration buildings (lowedeus has awesome stuff)    but they only look good and I also want playable lots. So I build streets instead of single houses. Not every house gets an interior design. Some stay shells. I'm totally fine with that. I can't enter every building I pass so my sims don't have to either. But I want them to be able to move around a little. I suppose I just have to think and build smaller. I just really wanted that hospital for my dad. But I have an idea... Challenge accepted, you awesome Sims game.

The following users thanked this post: homeroxana

The following users thanked this post: homeroxana