Author Topic: DOTY 2017~ Judges' Fav Photos from each Finalist  (Read 550 times)

Offline Betsy4Arts

DOTY 2017~ Judges' Fav Photos from each Finalist
« on: June 12, 2017, 09:04:00 PM »
minibud We thought that it might be nice while we're waiting to announce our winner, if each of our judges chooses their favorite photo from each of our Finalists' entries from the DOTY and add a comment too.
Judge #1

Ivyrose
I loved this delicious photo. I wanted to grab a pink poodle skirt and jump right in! Loved everything about this.

Minena
This photo is amazing. It truly captured that feeling when you've had a wonderful day at the beach and you don't want the day to end. The sun is going down, everyone has left and you know that you must too.

PetraB
My jaw dropped when I saw this photo. So quiet and haunting. Wonderful!

Greengirl
I know, I know I picked 2 photos from Greengirl. I just couldn't decide which one I like better. So I chose both. The Futuristic Dining room photo was simply powerful. That one place setting next to the infinity of space was so lonely yet so powerful. The other photo at first looks so simple. Not much to it but then as you look closer, you see the faint shadow of Janet Leigh in the shower, just before she is killed. Haunting. How could I choose between these?
Judge #2

Ivyrose
Really loved this picture! I think you captured the elegance and sophistication of how a State Room on the Titanic may have looked. Your lighting was spot on and your textures/patterns of the decor was perfect. This picture stands out to me as your best work in this years DOTY.

Greengirl
My goodness! When I saw this picture, I heard Darth Vader's music playing! I expected to see him walking in at any moment! Perfect job on this entry which made this picture my absolute favorite from you throughout DOTY!

minena
This picture is breathtaking! Looking past the curtain into the parlor is such a fabulous shot. It was my favorite picture for that round and it remains my favorite picture from you throughout all 8 rounds! Just perfect!

PetraB
This was my favorite picture for that round and it is my #1 picture from you throughout DOTY!
Love how fun this picture is! Great job!

Judge #3

Greengirl
This was my favorite picture from you during the entire contest! It evoked the right amount of "eerie" that the round required You set it up perfectly and delivered it awesomely! Great job!

Ivyrose:
This picture is my favorite from you for the entire contest...It is elegant yet it displays every element of the round! great job!

Minena:
This picture stood out to me because it has so much going on to portray the theme of Harry Potter..yet the clutter is not overpowering and does not take away from the beauty of the picture!

PetraB:
I LOVE this picture...every detail says 50's beach to me...and of course since I am such an avid doggie lover...that just adds to it! Great job!
Judge #4

Minena

I did have a previous favourite of Minena's until I saw this. This opening scene from Oz is just perfection!

Ivyrose

I love this beach scene from Ivyrose, so colourful and vibrant. I could just sit here and soak up the sun

PetraB

This titanic scene from Petra is my very favourite, the angle and lighting of this picture is excellent. It captures the imagination of what a state room on the Titanic would look like

Greengirl

Love this scene of a 50s diner by Greengirl, the jackets did it for me and brought Grease alive

« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 11:15:23 PM by Kim »

The following users thanked this post: 13pumpkin, Ivyrose, tahoe, szanne7000, Karlene, Xia, Greengirl, PetraB, Jaguwar

The following users thanked this post: 13pumpkin, Ivyrose, tahoe, szanne7000, Karlene, Xia, Greengirl, PetraB, Jaguwar

Offline Greengirl

Re: DOTY 2017~ Judges' Fav Photos from each Finalist
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 11:54:12 AM »
 sitdog
Thank you for sharing this with us. It's been a really fun theme, and I got to revisit some classic movies as a side bonus. Thank you all so much.

The following users thanked this post: 13pumpkin, Betsy4Arts, szanne7000

The following users thanked this post: 13pumpkin, Betsy4Arts, szanne7000