Author Topic: DOTY 2017 Round Six~Questions & Comments  (Read 2417 times)

Offline 13pumpkin

Re: DOTY 2017 Round Six~Questions & Comments
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2017, 11:24:04 PM »
Thanks, Michelle. Though if half walls are allowed, that'd be much simpler than wrangling windows on omsps ;)

You may use half walls...just not full length build walls

The following users thanked this post: szanne7000, Jaguwar

Offline Jaguwar

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2017, 04:50:22 AM »
And now I'm venting...
This game has so many bugs it's stupid. I added some teeny tiny half walls to the interior, not realizing that it was going to DELETE items I'd already set up elwhere. Ironically, the OMSP items I'd set them on are still there, just the items on top of them.

Bizarre, stupid, idiotic glitches.

I had to vent to you because the time crunch which is making me freak out is something only you guys would completely understand. I don't have time to complain to EA or on those forums, you know? Anyway...
Thanks for reading.

The following users thanked this post: szanne7000

Offline anakin

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2017, 03:30:35 PM »
Jaguwar, I had so many glitches with this entry as well! I haven't opened my game since my last DOTY entry, did they update the game...?

I too had items disappearing etc.. So annoying!!
please visit my Simblr:
www.anakinsimblr.tumblr.com

Offline szanne7000

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2017, 06:35:14 AM »

This was a fun, but definitely OMSP extensive, round! LOL

Who knew there could be such a variety of layouts inside the same diner walls - great entries, everyone <3

Michelle (JFF) - I like the blue, white, and black - Love the shoes :D
Riekus13 (JFF) - Great details, era cars & bikes & love the views!
PetraB - Terrific bar counter and love the are <3
13pumpkin (JFF) - Ooo, license place lamp! Great layout :D
Minena - Love, love, love the glass brick wall pieces & curved booths <3
Schneekatze - I like you red neon glow! That is very cool!
Anakin - The 50s blue grounds the red and black - well done :D
Nikki (Ivyrose) - I like your multi-level layout & colors <3
Marie (Tahoe) - Great car seat and attention to attention to detail! :D
AngelamvEliza - Terrific picture through the kitchen door window :)
Jaguwar - I love your roof lines and the pink checked floors!
Greengirl - Those jackets! Those are the bomb <3
JustJones - Wonderful stainless counters and hanging menus :D

The following users thanked this post: tahoe, PetraB, AngelamvEliza

The following users thanked this post: tahoe, PetraB, AngelamvEliza

Offline justJones

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2017, 06:58:52 AM »
Thanks, Suzanne :) I made the menu recolors myself.
-you can call me Jones-

Offline Deatherella

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2017, 07:09:08 AM »
You all did a really great job on your entries. And, as usual, I pity the judges.

The following users thanked this post: szanne7000, PetraB, Jaguwar

The following users thanked this post: szanne7000, PetraB, Jaguwar

Offline Jaguwar

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2017, 07:13:33 AM »

SZANNE first, then ANAKIN:

SZANNE-thank you dear! I was originally going to do red. I started with red last night, on my boyfriend's recommendation, but had to give up the computer until today.
Today, when I restarted, somehow red became pink (by which I mean I made a mistake) and didn't notice until AFTER I'd returned all my OMSP items to areas prone  to deleting  said items if I made cosmetic changes.

In short, I had neither the time nor the energy to change our back, so it became pink.

The roof was a last second addition, I wanted to take an external shot and realized "Oh! This needs a roof!" LOL. I'm really pleased with it as well, thank you.

ANAKIN-Good grief, tell me about it!!!, I genuinely considered just dropping out. I happened to have a genuinely terrible week in my personal life, and fighting  the game was just depressing.

Where and how does you have trouble? If you look at my pictures, I had raised areas surrounded by the smallest half wall. These "half walls" turned the enclosed spaces into separate rooms. Inside these rooms I now had OMSP objects that I also had to raise (with CTRL-9). Changing the wall condoms there made all those items disappear, I learned to move them out of these new "rooms"

I had the same problem on the wall where the kitchen is, where I also had raised OMSP items.

Offline anakin

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2017, 07:56:20 AM »
Jaguwar, sorry to hear that :( .. it would be so much easier sometimes if Real Life was like sims as well, am I right :)

My problem was with stackable items or placing items on the same tile, with or without OMSP. I had to redo several areas as replace several times due to items disappearing. Oh and the lamps I had to replace as well. I changed their height so they are now going through the roof. I guess that's what you get for building with cheats and cc...

On another note I also had problems with CC.. I know I downloaded a LOT for this round but barely anything made it through to the game. Tried to search for a few things (I remember specifically ATS cheap cash register, as I even double  checked that I downloaded the right game version, not TS3) The game recognised that there was something by that name there, but when I clicked, it showed me nothing ... I'm pretty sure the same thing happened with the chairs and padded booths from the new diner set from daeron and slox as I could not find then anywhere ..

What could this be??
please visit my Simblr:

The following users thanked this post: Ivyrose, szanne7000

The following users thanked this post: Ivyrose, szanne7000

Offline Ivyrose

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2017, 09:12:21 AM »
All of the entries are great this was such a difficult thing to do. At first I was so thrilled I love Grease and I built 50's diner in TS3 before, but this was something else. I downloaded stuff to put in the game and then I too couldn't find it. I had a soda fountain but have no idea where in the game it is, searching did not help. I had a specific image in my mind, I think that was a lot of the problem, I couldn't find (for TS4 anyway) what I wanted, and some stuff I did get was actually not that good once I put it in the lot. I downloaded some windows but then forgot to put them in :( I changed the colour several times for blue to pink to read and then back again, I changed the layout three times and as for the bar area (which I then forgot to add the picture for) I don't know how many times I changed that. What didn't help was that I was constantly interrupted yesterday while I was trying to finish it and so feel that it's half finished, rushed and not as good as everyone else's.

I spotted some WCIF but am pretty sure that they were made specifically for this round.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 11:59:03 AM by Ivyrose »

Offline ekrubynaffit

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2017, 11:53:54 AM »
You've all done an amzing job, well done!  sohappyhappyhappy
For all your building needs and a few downloads of my own
https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/

The following users thanked this post: Ivyrose, szanne7000, PetraB

The following users thanked this post: Ivyrose, szanne7000, PetraB

Offline certain

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2017, 10:27:34 PM »
Sorry for my absence these last two rounds. bagshy  I've had somethings going on.

Just so you know, all entries were absolutely magnificent for Rounds 4 and 5!

pinkyay

Michelle: Creative choice of theme! You know what's up ;)
riekus13: Right up your alley!
PetraB: I love the clutter in your entry, makes it feel realistic!
13pumpkin: Sleek! My favorite picture is the soda fountains :)
minena: The exterior build of your lot is fabulous!
Schneekatze: Great entry!
anakin: I'd eat here, love the atmosphere!
szanne7000: I feel this would be located right off route 66!
IvyRose: It wouldn't be your entry without some pink in there ;)
tahoe: The leopard-car loveseat, nice!
AngelamvEliza: Love the black and white theme! Unique!
Jaguwar: Like the raised booth section, very creative :)
Greengirl: I can definitely see the cast of Grease sliding in and start performing.
justJones: RED LIGHT! Nobody move! You have some great deco pieces in this space.

coralrahrah

The following users thanked this post: Michelle, tahoe, szanne7000, PetraB, AngelamvEliza

The following users thanked this post: Michelle, tahoe, szanne7000, PetraB, AngelamvEliza

Offline szanne7000

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2017, 11:45:25 PM »
Mistake or not, Jaguwar, the pink came out very nicely :D

Thank you, Certain :D I was deleting lots in Oasis Springs and thought what a perfect spot for the diner... :D Your comment cements it!

Even if there were a lot of game issues, I think the results outweigh those - truly, this round turned out awesome entries <3

The following users thanked this post: certain

The following users thanked this post: certain

Offline Michelle

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2017, 11:58:21 PM »
 hearts Thank you all for so diligently working on this round! All of your entries were awesome!! I know this round was difficult and for that I apologize...but each and every one of you absolutely nailed it! Great job you guys and Good luck to all of you! hearts

The following users thanked this post: certain, szanne7000, minena, PetraB, AngelamvEliza

The following users thanked this post: certain, szanne7000, minena, PetraB, AngelamvEliza

Offline Jaguwar

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2017, 04:05:21 AM »
ANAKIN:
What's  happening is you don't have the expansion or game pack these items are based on. For instance,  I wanted to use ATS's Chalkboard menu in the restaurant clutter set and downloaded it; what I didn't  realize is that it's based ("cloned "I guess you'd  say) from a Get to Work  item. This also happened with the booth seats from the American Diner set, cloned from some out booths . It's a serious  frustration, especially in the context of a contest like this. When I said, a few posts back, that I was surprised at how little base game compatible "diner" themed CC there is it there, this is exactly what I was talking about.

In short, I feel your pain! You did good, especially given the limitations.

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, szanne7000

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, szanne7000

Offline anakin

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2017, 08:02:31 PM »
Thanks for your nice comment Jaguwar, I think the diner and the beach were my fave rounds.

Also, wow... I had no idea that not having the proper EP would cause this, meaning I could search for the item and apparently find it, but it would not show.. And I was so sure I downloaded Basegame CC only. Nevermind!

Still, I do feel like there is lots of CC I downloaded at some point that I am missing and also stuff I am redownloading because I am so certain I don't have it in game, but then it shows up as a duplicate when I put it in my mods-folder... So odd. Maybe it's like another poster said, you are picturing a thumbnail in your head, and it looks nothing like that.
please visit my Simblr: