Author Topic: DOTY 2017 Round Four~Questions & Comments  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Jaguwar

Re: DOTY 2017 Round Four~Questions & Comments
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2017, 03:58:40 AM »
I'm honestly glad I DON't know how to mesh at the moment, or I'd be in trouble! LOL Then again, if you can customize your vision and make it happen... yeah. *shrug* Instead I've got HUNDREDS of megs of new CC. I've taken to rotating the DOTY CC out of my mods folder and saving it to Google drive as soon as I'm done taking pictures LOL

The following users thanked this post: szanne7000

Offline Ivyrose

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2017, 10:00:29 AM »
I envy those who can mesh, I've seen lots of things I'd love to use in Real Life and wished I could create them for Sims. I haven't even really seen anything in TS2 or TS3 and wished for that. No what I want isn't out there in any format.

I'm almost finished and hope to post when I get home tonight.

Offline Greengirl

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2017, 01:15:22 PM »
Another tough round! great entries so far, your oceans are awesome. I found that the hardest part, and went with a bay in the end.
I'm glad I've learned recoloring, converting and meshing, it makes TS4 much more friendly!

Offline AngelamvEliza

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2017, 01:28:58 PM »
Awesome entries indeed!
and quite difficult to find stuff from actually the right timeframe... But i think we all did wonderful so far!

Offline tinhouse

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2017, 02:49:32 PM »
Wow! What awesome entries, they are so all so bright and festive!  You guys make me wish we were going into summer and not facing a dreary winter!

The following users thanked this post: szanne7000, AngelamvEliza

The following users thanked this post: szanne7000, AngelamvEliza

Offline anakin

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2017, 06:34:16 PM »
I am so scared, everyone's entries are so amazing!

I haven't started, I can't even figure out what lot to use :( Haven't found a suitable one.. (Sims 4, basegame...) I will work on it this evening.
please visit my Simblr:
www.anakinsimblr.tumblr.com

The following users thanked this post: szanne7000, Jaguwar

Offline Jaguwar

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2017, 05:16:13 AM »
I am so scared, everyone's entries are so amazing!

I haven't started, I can't even figure out what lot to use :( Haven't found a suitable one.. (Sims 4, basegame...) I will work on it this evening.

You need this. Backup your "saves" folder just in case, but with this you will have completely empty worlds, making it possible to have little to no other architecture ruining the sight lines of your photos.
If you've started your build, save your lot as well as the saves, then add the file. It's great!

The following users thanked this post: szanne7000, Greengirl

The following users thanked this post: szanne7000, Greengirl

Offline anakin

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2017, 09:17:54 AM »

You need this. Backup your "saves" folder just in case, but with this you will have completely empty worlds, making it possible to have little to no other architecture ruining the sight lines of your photos.
If you've started your build, save your lot as well as the saves, then add the file. It's great!

Oh wow such a great tip, would've saved me a lot of hassle... I will def keep that one in mind! Thanks a lot :D
please visit my Simblr:
www.anakinsimblr.tumblr.com

Offline szanne7000

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2017, 07:39:08 AM »

Amazing entries, as always - this one was tough; thank goodness for TwistedMexi's terrain pack that allowed for some height elevations in ts4 :D... flat lots and just terrain paints was a difficult challenge, to say the least, lol. I'm grateful for the experience to grow <3

Michelle (JFF) - I like the lot size you used and the night picture!
13pumpkin (JFF) - I love how you used the TwistedMexi terrains to sculpt your beach and I laughed when I saw that shark fin, LOL :D
Tinhouse (JFF) - Great wall choices for your build <3
PetraB - Great terrain water blend into your sand; and I like your cooler and the dolphins were a great touch!
Ekrubynaffit - Love the waves! Agree with the struggle :D
Minena - Terrific Corvette <3
Greengirl - I love your surfboards - excellent period recolors!
Angelamyeliza - The chili dog cart is perfect - wonderfully casual for the beach :)
Miklin83 - Very nice night fire scene :D
Jaguwar - I like the truck/food shack <3
Anakin - I like that picnic - and yummy ice cream after!
Trijntsje - We used to settle in for the entire day at the beach, too :D
Nikke (Ivyrose) - I really like that trawler and the pink tones in your last shot, as well as your food stand <3
Lady Raven - That bonfire will be epic!
JustJones - Awesome beach bag and I love the towel on the driftwood :D
Schneekatze - Those changing rooms are epic <3
Marie (Tahoe) - Cool build - I really like the details, like the outhouse, the cooler, the beach bags, and the water dish for the Great Dane :)

The following users thanked this post: Ivyrose, tahoe, Lady Raven, justJones, Greengirl, anakin, PetraB, AngelamvEliza

The following users thanked this post: Ivyrose, tahoe, Lady Raven, justJones, Greengirl, anakin, PetraB, AngelamvEliza

Offline Jaguwar

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2017, 07:03:51 PM »
Anakin you are very welcome. I showed you that one because it doesn't change the defaults permanently, as it's a save game. There are, apparently, other ways to do it, but that's the one I'm using. I still have my old saves and the worlds that go with them. I found it to be an easy solution, in other words.

Szanne, thank you! That happens to be the thing I probably struggled most, other than camera angels.

Everyone... holy WOW this round is gorgeous! And fun! I like the terrains a lot fo you came up with, I'm jealous of those who managed to have a 3D feel to their water and/or beach (TS4 doesn't make that easy at all!), a lot of you came up with clever ideas for props, from cars in and off parking lots to dolphins (!!) and  such.. in short, I wanna spend a week at every ONE of those beaches! I'll bring the soda! LOL

Good luck all! I've had fun with it.

The following users thanked this post: szanne7000, PetraB, AngelamvEliza

The following users thanked this post: szanne7000, PetraB, AngelamvEliza