Author Topic: Recoloring Resources  (Read 548 times)

Offline Resa

Recoloring Resources
« on: March 18, 2017, 12:40:30 AM »
I have seen recoloring resources offered quite a few times an have downloaded them, including the set for the recolor contest here (squee) but what exactly are they and what exactly does one do with them aquestionmark  lol

Offline Avalanche

Re: Recoloring Resources
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 04:00:10 PM »
It helps you to recolour the item with Sims 4 Studio. To see what is what. For example which part gives the texture for the seat and which for the backrest.
Just tried. Still don't know what's what. Sorry.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 04:40:55 PM by Avalanche »

Offline Resa

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 07:56:29 PM »
Ty hun for trying to help figure it out lol I will just keep doing what I have been doing with them download them then Ignore them lol

The following users thanked this post: mama

The following users thanked this post: mama

Offline Avalanche

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 08:40:39 PM »
Maybe someone who is better in recolouring should explain. 13Pumpkins texture is very detailed, so you have to be precise.
You don't need to download them, if you don't want to recolour them.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 08:43:13 PM by Avalanche »

The following users thanked this post: Takart, mama, Resa

The following users thanked this post: Takart, mama, Resa

Offline Takart

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 06:41:56 AM »
the plain black and white ones,..I lighten them in photoshop and use them, as sometimes like rit the mesh has texture and so the recol resource, once I lighten it goes over the original mesh and then I add my texture..this way the original texture on the mesh doesnt show...otherwise I have no idea how to use them  hearts

takartsims.tumblr.com

The following users thanked this post: Resa

The following users thanked this post: Resa

Offline AnYe

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 09:54:39 AM »
I just checked the recoloring resources for the "Recolor it March". It includes the actual UVmap ( the map with the grid). This shows how the pieces of the texture are  arranged. it shows you what parts of the mesh are on what part of the texture.

The black and white ones are the baked ambient occlusion images. They give the object more depth and shadows. You can use those on top of your texture image ( put it as a layer on top and combine the layers then). Always try to use those, they will make your recolors look much better.

The following users thanked this post: Avalanche, Resa

The following users thanked this post: Avalanche, Resa

Offline Resa

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 03:01:57 PM »
 politebear everyone I am going to try it on this recolor for the contest see if I understand it correctly.......Just a thought maybe a tutorial on this I'm sure I'm not the only one who has wondered what to do with them. Now I'm excited to try the recolor I have been doing it layer upon layer changing settings adding shadows things like that that take along time to do one piece lol so if this eliminates all that then WOOOOHOOOO this will be the best thing since sliced bread!