Author Topic: Plastic looking CC  (Read 429 times)

Offline danielleadrian

Plastic looking CC
« on: March 13, 2017, 04:14:02 PM »
Hello! I am new around here... I was a lurker on BPS LOL. Well I was wondering if anyone else notices some cc has a plastic shiny finish. Even if I recolor it, it still shows up odd. My settings are at the highest and I have a Nvidia 1090 so I don't think my graphics or CPU is the issue. Any ideas? Is it just bad CC?

Why do I love playing Sims games? Because kidnapping people and forcing them to act out my interesting make-believe stories is technically illegal and well, there is no motherlode cheat for real life.

Tumblrccreblogs:danielleadriansimstuff
Pinterest: danielleadrian

The following users thanked this post: mama

Offline mama

Re: Plastic looking CC
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 02:28:40 AM »
I don't recolor or mesh, but I had 4 or 5 bed blanket recolors that looked like a hunk of plastic on the bed. Another thing, some things that are white, are so stinking bright in game, you can't use them.  I think it's just bad cc.

Offline danielleadrian

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 03:09:50 PM »
Oh Ok... I think I have those same blanket recolors in my game to lolsmile ... I am starting to clean out my cc and become very picky about my ingame objects.
Why do I love playing Sims games? Because kidnapping people and forcing them to act out my interesting make-believe stories is technically illegal and well, there is no motherlode cheat for real life.

Tumblrccreblogs:danielleadriansimstuff
Pinterest: danielleadrian

Offline mama

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 03:43:39 PM »
That's what I'm doing to. I have so much that looks good on line, but you use it in game and it looks horrible. I'm also noticing some things are too small or too large to look right.  Getting disappointed with the cc for 4. :(

The following users thanked this post: danielleadrian

The following users thanked this post: danielleadrian

Offline Rosanne

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 11:33:47 PM »
They explain this in one of the tutorials or comments at Sims 4 Studio.  It has something to do with the type of shine EA uses for their objects.  There is a way to fix it, but it is too complicated for me .....  :pullinghair:

The following users thanked this post: mama, danielleadrian

The following users thanked this post: mama, danielleadrian