Author Topic: PC or Laptop  (Read 576 times)

Offline M00keh

PC or Laptop
« on: March 10, 2017, 02:27:16 AM »
There is probably already a similar post, but I really need to invest in either a new PC or laptop. I cannot play Sims 3, with the same amount of mods as I can with the sims 2, which sucks, and lags my laptop like crazy. I doubt I have a proper graphics card. Just curious as to what people use, PC? Laptop? What is best to run Sims 3?

I am who I am. Your approval is NOT needed.

Offline nayahn

Re: PC or Laptop
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 10:40:24 AM »
I d say invest in a good *very good in case of p,aying sims3* laptop. I think it is more convenient to take it with you when you travel or spend time away from home for any other reason. I have both, but I mostly use the laptop.
I hope I helped  starsmile

Offline M00keh

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 01:13:39 AM »
I d say invest in a good *very good in case of p,aying sims3* laptop. I think it is more convenient to take it with you when you travel or spend time away from home for any other reason. I have both, but I mostly use the laptop.
I hope I helped  starsmile

Thank you! What kind of laptop do you have? Does it run your sims smoothly? I like having mods, but I find with the laptop I have right now, the graphics card isn't that great so it takes FOREVER to load content in game.

I am who I am. Your approval is NOT needed.

Offline Petunia Mae Witherbottom

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 12:36:14 PM »
With desktops you can upgrade graphics cards and with laptops you can't, so that's why I've always gone with desktops.

The following users thanked this post: M00keh

Offline viikiita

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 03:07:13 PM »
I have laptop and 7,14Gb cc and it runs smoothly. The good with laptop is you can take it where ever you want and when ever you want. I can sit and play sims4 in my couch, my bed and so on. Freedom of movent with laptop.

The good with desktops is that you can change your graphic card just like Petunia Mae Witherbottom said.

Offline Illusions

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 06:11:23 PM »
Personally, I prefer building a Desktop. like others mentioned....It is easy to upgrade as time moves on and stuff advances.
I have a 2-4 year old system that still rocks!
Specs:
AsRock A55 Pro3 [AMD FM1 Motherboard]
AMD A8-3870K Black Edition [3GHz Quad Core] Processor
16GB DDR3-1666 Corsair Vengence Series RAM
8.5TB [3 Internal/3 External Hard Drives] HDD Space
ASUS Xonar DG Sound Card
Corsair GS700 PSU [700 Watts]
Windows 10 Pro
XFX Radeon HD7750 2GB Video Card
2x AOC 22" LED-LCD Monitors

It's pretty good for its age :D Runs Sims 3 + All Expansions & Stuff Packs + Custom Content like a breeze at 1920x1080 @ High Settings.

Good Luck with your endeavour :)
*Ponders* I've Been Playing Sims Series...forever...It Seems

Offline Simsophonique

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 07:20:34 PM »
PC. I hate laptops.
Installed in my Windows 10 : Sims 2 - Sims 3 and Sims 4- Currently play the sims 3 too much and sims 4.

My simblr ID : simsophonie
My wordress ID : simsophonique.wordpress.com
missvdetectivebsides.wordpress.com