Author Topic: SOLVED/conversions  (Read 818 times)

Offline mama

SOLVED/conversions
« on: January 17, 2017, 03:59:40 PM »
I've seen some things converted to 4, that I loved in 2 and 3.  Ran across some of Buggybooz stuff a while back, didn't download them because I was pretty sure she was against them being converted.
Ran across this, this morning, love it, but was wondering, if Buggybooz said it was ok to convert this?????  I love it, but don't want to use it if she is still against it.  She did beautiful work, I respected her for that and don't want to go against what she wants.

Thanks a bunch, Pam

http://dreamteamsims.blogspot.com.br/2017/01/blog-post.html#comment-form
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 10:07:07 PM by mama »

Offline Betsy4Arts

Re: conversions
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 08:06:45 PM »
minibud Sadly, I am pretty sure that BuggyBooz would definitely not want this converted. She felt pretty strongly about that. I feel just like you, and i'm sure many others, that it would be wonderful to be able to convert her treasures. But I will always respect her wishes concerning them.

The following users thanked this post: tinhouse, mama

The following users thanked this post: tinhouse, mama

Offline mama

Re: conversions
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 10:06:32 PM »
I didn't think so, but I was off line for a while and didn't know if things had changed. 
Now I feel funny downloading from that site. 
thanks Betsy.
xxxxx

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, tinhouse, Ivyrose

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, tinhouse, Ivyrose

Offline tinhouse

Re: SOLVED/conversions
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 04:28:41 PM »
I completely agree with respecting a creators TOU, but I do confess I have some of Buggy's Sims 4 conversions in my game and this is why.  Nat hasn't been active in the Sims Community for 3+ years now, in fact that is while before Sims 4 even came out.  She was an amazing creator and her beautiful objects gave me such a lot of pleasure when I still played Sims 2, but I've moved on and so have a lot of the Sims Community and while I understand that there will always be an active S2 community I'm afraid that eventually it will become smaller and smaller and a lot of the wonderful treasures we all used to enjoy will be lost.  I cant play Sims 2 anymore, my computer crashed ages ago and had to be replaced and although I can load S2 onto it, I cant seem to have much cc in the game before it crashes, I tried a bunch of stuff to fix it but honestly its just a bundle of frustration.   I say this with respect to Nat and her wishes, but I'm kind of glad that people have converted her stuff because now I can still enjoy her glorious goodies. I'm being selfish I guess, but I LOVE(D) S2, it was awesome and having my favourite things from it in my S4 game makes me happy.  :)

Having said that, I would never download a conversion (not just Nat's but every creator) that has not been done properly or has not given her the proper credit, I will never recolour any of her conversions except for my own game and I will never upload her meshes to any website.  Please believe me, I'm not justifying the fact that I have her stuff, and I am certainly not encouraging anyone to go against what they believe is right.

And lastly, I would love nothing more than to get a message from her saying "Sharon!  What the heck are you doing?  Take every one of my conversions out of your game at once!" if she would only come back to the community! I miss her so much!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 04:30:26 PM by tinhouse »

The following users thanked this post: mama, Ivyrose

Offline mama

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 04:50:11 PM »
I completely agree with respecting a creators TOU, but I do confess I have some of Buggy's Sims 4 conversions in my game and this is why.  Nat hasn't been active in the Sims Community for 3+ years now, in fact that is while before Sims 4 even came out.  She was an amazing creator and her beautiful objects gave me such a lot of pleasure when I still played Sims 2, but I've moved on and so have a lot of the Sims Community and while I understand that there will always be an active S2 community I'm afraid that eventually it will become smaller and smaller and a lot of the wonderful treasures we all used to enjoy will be lost.  I cant play Sims 2 anymore, my computer crashed ages ago and had to be replaced and although I can load S2 onto it, I cant seem to have much cc in the game before it crashes, I tried a bunch of stuff to fix it but honestly its just a bundle of frustration.   I say this with respect to Nat and her wishes, but I'm kind of glad that people have converted her stuff because now I can still enjoy her glorious goodies. I'm being selfish I guess, but I LOVE(D) S2, it was awesome and having my favourite things from it in my S4 game makes me happy.  :)

Having said that, I would never download a conversion (not just Nat's but every creator) that has not been done properly or has not given her the proper credit, I will never recolour any of her conversions except for my own game and I will never upload her meshes to any website.  Please believe me, I'm not justifying the fact that I have her stuff, and I am certainly not encouraging anyone to go against what they believe is right.

And lastly, I would love nothing more than to get a message from her saying "Sharon!  What the heck are you doing?  Take every one of my conversions out of your game at once!" if she would only come back to the community! I miss her so much!

Sharon, everything you said made perfect sense to me. I , too loved everything she did, had it all.  I did notice on the stove download credit was given to her.  I like you cannot play 2 anymore, this computer will run 3 fantastically, runs 4 the same, but I tried fighting 2 and gave up, and moved on.
Thanks for making these points, they are good ones.  xxxxxxxxx

The following users thanked this post: tinhouse, Ivyrose

The following users thanked this post: tinhouse, Ivyrose

Offline tinhouse

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 05:00:35 PM »
Sharon, everything you said made perfect sense to me. I , too loved everything she did, had it all.  I did notice on the stove download credit was given to her.  I like you cannot play 2 anymore, this computer will run 3 fantastically, runs 4 the same, but I tried fighting 2 and gave up, and moved on.
Thanks for making these points, they are good ones.  xxxxxxxxx

:tedheart Thanks, Pam. I'm sorry, I didn't see that you had marked the thread SOLVED before I posted my comment, I really need to be more observant. xxx

Offline Michelle

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 01:30:49 PM »
Dreamteamsims  is a wonderful creator/converter...I feel that she has done such wonderful justice to buggybooz' item along with others like mxims. I certainly wouldn't let this one item deter me from downloading other things she has created. Just don't download those items if you feel strongly against it :)

The following users thanked this post: mama

The following users thanked this post: mama