Author Topic: Chris W.`s Shady Shacks: Updated 27 November 2016  (Read 8949 times)

Offline Chris W.

Re: Chris W.`s Shady Shacks: 06.07.2015 updated
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2015, 11:08:37 AM »
Thanks everyone,i really apprechiate your comments.
As i already promised,i have something new to show you.
As most of you already know,i often get my Inspiration from Houses which are situated in the New York/Manhattan Area.
One Day i was surfing through the Internet and stumpled over an Architecture Site Entry about Chicago Greystones.

Greystones are a style of residential building most commonly found in Chicago. As the name suggests, the buildings are typically grey in color and were most often built with Bedford Limestone quarried from South Central Indiana.
The sides and back always switch from stone to more inexpensive brick. Rather than standing shoulder to shoulder like New York’s brownstones do, the Chicago variation focuses a little more on getting air and light into the middle of the building.

This Greystone was inspired by a Real Life Greystone in Bryn Mawr Avenue and it is layed out as a Single Family Homewith two Floors and a working Basement

So,what do you think of my newest Creation ( well it isn`t that new....i had the House lying around for Month but recently finished it...)

The following users thanked this post: ekrubynaffit, Shine Waterice, LisaPham, Toadflax, Krazyredd

The following users thanked this post: ekrubynaffit, Shine Waterice, LisaPham, Toadflax, Krazyredd

Offline Deestarr1234

Re: Chris W.`s Shady Shacks: 27.07.2015 updated
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 01:38:04 PM »
Nice lots.. They actually have a real NYC or Boston feel to them.. This makes me miss TS2

The following users thanked this post: mama

The following users thanked this post: mama

Offline Jordana

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2015, 01:46:33 PM »
Really nice

THANK YOU KIM FOR THE BEAUTIFUL SIG AND AVATAR <3

Offline maryannsims

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2015, 03:16:53 PM »
Great work, as usual.

coco

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2015, 04:33:05 PM »
 :bravo:     well built your houses       :bigtup:

Offline Christobal

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2015, 05:10:31 PM »
Your houses are always so realistic Chris, I really like it!

Offline WhiteDot

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2015, 05:59:29 PM »
Lovely pictures! I love all the details you've put into this - bravo!

Offline lovlia

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2015, 01:11:07 AM »
Absolutely gorgeous!

Offline 4mamma

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 07:58:56 AM »
OMG..... With houses like that... you can do my sims 2 town whenever you want... LOL

What I mean is... I love the houses =D

Offline TwoFingersWhiskey

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2015, 12:06:51 AM »
I've ALWAYS loved and taken inspiration from your lots, Chris. They're simply amazing. I can't understand how your graphics card doesn't implode sometimes, hahah!

Offline simlily

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2015, 09:41:30 PM »
 starsmile amazing work.

Offline Chris W.

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2015, 11:27:24 AM »
Thank you Guys,you are the Best :yayoyay

@Destarr:Thanks,i often spend a long Time studiying the Floorplans and all the Details from a House i want to build.It`s not always easy to make every Detail like in Real Life,may it because of Game Limitations or just because there is nothing close as CC.
@TwoFingersofWhiskey:Ha ha,trust me,my Graphics Card often enough plots some evil Plans aginst me.Just recently since the new Win7 Update the Game started again with Objects flashing pink.Like out of Nowhere...Didn`t add any new CC or anything else.

Brooklyn - Hicks Street 58

While looking through my old Sims 2 Hoods i discovered an odd shaped blue Townhouse i started Month ago.
It is based on a Brooklyn Townhouse,58 Hicks Street to be precise.Luckily i found the Floorplans and some Interior Pics and so i could start the Construction of this interesting House.
What appealed to me the most was the blue Siding with white painted Windows and Details and the contrasting red Door and the interesting History.Besides that,this House is just huge,enough Room for the Grandparents and a Couple with 3 Children (and if you want a few Pets...)

The Facade

Hallway

Livingroom

Dining Room

Kitchen with Breakfast Table

Stairwell

Kids Room

Babyroom

Uploading all 50 Pics would be way too much,so have a Look at the dedicated Album on Photobucket This Way!!!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:29:34 AM by Chris W. »

The following users thanked this post: riekus13, Shine Waterice, LisaPham, Krazyredd

The following users thanked this post: riekus13, Shine Waterice, LisaPham, Krazyredd

Offline tahoe

Re: Chris W.`s Shady Shacks: Updated 13 September 2015
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2015, 11:34:37 PM »

I have a WCIF. The yellow sign with washing instructions, is it available as download or for their own use
Sorry for my bad English.

Offline Chris W.

Re: Chris W.`s Shady Shacks: Updated 13 September 2015
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2015, 05:35:26 PM »
I have a WCIF. The yellow sign with washing instructions, is it available as download or for their own use
Sorry for my bad English.

Hey tahoe,the Washing Instructions Pic is a Recolor which is a Part of Riekus Ellemeet Set.You can find it on her Tumblr.

I continued working on my Seedy Corner Project.It`s a Row of three adjacent Tenements in the distinct New York Style.
The Building in the middle will be the actual Apartmentbuilding while the other two Houses are just for "Deco".
I tried to get it as authentic as possible,including Newspaper Boxes,Hydrants,Commercial Vans and Trash piled up on the Boardwalk.
But see for yourself:

Abandoned Pawnshop:

The Airshaft between two Dumbell Tenements

The following users thanked this post: ekrubynaffit, Shine Waterice, LisaPham, tahoe, Krazyredd

The following users thanked this post: ekrubynaffit, Shine Waterice, LisaPham, tahoe, Krazyredd

Offline mama

Re: Chris W.`s Shady Shacks: Updated 20 September 2015
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2015, 06:27:30 PM »
I looooooooooove looking at your pics!  It honestly looks so real. All the detail, makes you think you're there.  Keep 'em coming.  xxxxx