Author Topic: Sims 4 & Windows 10  (Read 1650 times)

Offline diputsinva

Sims 4 & Windows 10
« on: July 21, 2016, 11:22:14 AM »
I like to think that I'm pretty progressive when it comes to change but I still haven't updated my computer to Windows 10.  I have an Apple laptop for day to day stuff but I use my PC for the Sims and always have.  I've put off updating because I had heard so many horror stories, but I'm at the point I need to do it.  Has anyone run into problems with Windows 10 and S4?
Thanks in advance for your help.  I truly appreciate all you do!
Elizabeth

The following users thanked this post: mama

Offline minena

Re: Sims 4 & Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 10:07:05 PM »
which version of windows are you currently running on your PC? I have really only heard of problems going from Win8 to 10. I went from 7 to 10 and haven't looked back

Offline mama

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 01:05:48 AM »
I'm running windows 7 pro and am scared to death to upgrade to 10!
I currently have nothing on my computer (no sims or cc)  trying to get rid of a virus or malware or ?????

Does 4 run ok on 10?  I'm getting it in a week, don't want to get it and not be able to play it of have cc

Offline minena

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 01:25:03 AM »
going from 7 to 10 was easy..system has been fine in fact, running slightly better on 10

TS4 runs great..smooth and easy, but I have a 6-core processor and a 240gb solid state hard drive which are 2 components The Sims has always been pretty rough on.

Offline mama

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 04:17:40 AM »
I have a crummy Lenovo, supposed to be great for games, I can't even run 2 with cc, could only run base game without cc and it still crashed like crazy.
I did the free trial of sims 4, it ran great, but then again it was without cc.
It says if I don't like 10, within 31 days, I can go back to 7.
so , I guess I will bite the bullet and give it a try.  wish me luck.

Offline Kim

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 10:35:14 AM »
Although I don't have sims 4 installed, I upgraded from 7 to 10 and Sims 2 and all sims related progs run fine. Bit of advice if you are upgrading, make sure your graphics card has the latest drivers
 hearts

Offline minena

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 01:29:23 PM »
I have an old HP laptop that runs ts2 ok, a bit laggy, with tons of CC. It hasn't ever crashed and it's running Win XP LOL

Offline mama

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 09:07:18 PM »
Well, I bit the bullet and installed 10, so far, so good.  I don't have any sims installed, cleaned everything off, getting ready to install 4, next week. Will only have base game for a month, but, we will see.
Hopefully all goes well.

Well, I got windows 10 installed, no problems so far, except autorun doesn't run, finally , after a big fight, got sims 4 installed, runs great, and am adding some cc to see how it goes!  Happy day.

Except, can't bear to walk outside, it's going to be 110 today!  It was 94 at 9:30!   22hott
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 07:12:38 PM by mama »

The following users thanked this post: minena

The following users thanked this post: minena

Offline Lorry

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 04:35:15 AM »
I upgraded to 10 not long after the free upgrade was offered.  It ran like a dream for a while then I ran into some issues, mainly freezing.  Some files hadn't installed properly, so long story short, I had my computer wiped and a clean Windows 10 installed. I love it! It works great with the Sims, both 3 and 4, I have had no issues at all now.
I was using Windows 7 Ultimate, which will not be supported much longer by Microsoft.

When I was talking to my daughter's boyfriend about Win 10, he gave me some good advice......... he worked on the genius bar at Apple, and told me they never installed a new operating system over an old one.  :thumbup:

Offline mama

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 01:26:36 AM »
I've run 10 for 4 months with 3 and 4, both run great. No problems so far (knocks on wood)

Offline viikiita

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 10:50:19 AM »
My Windows 10 works fine with my Sims4. I have about 7,14gb of CC and it runs smooth. Never crashed or anything. I do run ALMOST highest graphic on my game and i do that on a laptop. Lets hope that it will keep it that way *knocks on wood*

Offline mama

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 02:41:41 PM »
Still running 4 with 10 (love 10 btw) have tons of cc, runs smooth, no problems. Only problem I've had was my fault, using really old cc.

Offline AngelamvEliza

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 08:31:29 PM »
I have windows 10 too all games (sims 1 through 4) all run just fine on 10 for me.