Announcements

:flowheartpink Looking for the chatbox? It's HERE  :bluflowpot

Author Topic: Foxybaby's Recreates TS2 to TS4 (recolours)  (Read 365 times)

Offline Foxybaby

Foxybaby's Recreates TS2 to TS4 (recolours)
« on: May 21, 2018, 10:36:56 PM »
OK, I bought TS4 upon release and I just couldn't get into it. Seemed like The Sims 1.5 than 4. Plus I had a baby IRL (11 weeks premature) in 2013 and I work full time so I just didn't have the time to devote to my simmies anymore, so my beloved PC has been gathering dust for years.

Well, Skylar (my daughter), is 5 next month (where does the time go :cry: ) and off to school. I'm still full time but she likes her own independence now so I've been relegated lol! Now toddlers are back in game as well as CC I decided to load up my game last weekend only to find I missed all my old content from TS2 & 3. A lot of my fave artists were sticking to TS2 so I had recreated them in TS3 for personal use (with their permission of course-thank you Amethystfenix from Sims2Artists-her room sets are to die for! Especially the Maxis match).

I downloaded the Studio and had a play about and I think I've got it. Maybe. Sorta.....

Anyway, I did a few beddings to start with. Redid my own Bright Farm Set and In The Wild from TS2 (kids) and 5 of Amethystfenix's Abbyrose textures. What do you guys think? ANy tweaks or corrections you can give me? Very grateful for all criticisms and advice:

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, Rosanne

Online Betsy4Arts

Re: Foxybaby's Recreates TS2 to TS4 (recolours)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 11:04:26 PM »
minibud My triplets were 14 weeks early and they're 26 now! So tough to raise a premie. Yes, the time flies by!!

I'm so proud of you for figuring out how to RC for the sims 4!! I'm still a sims 2 girl but I'd love to be able to figure out how to convert my meshes to sims 4. You go girl!!  yummypink

The following users thanked this post: Foxybaby

Offline Petunia Mae Witherbottom

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 12:29:19 AM »
Wow, those are really good!

Offline Foxybaby

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 11:40:23 PM »
OK, had a few hours of game play and building (I redid my Brandy Broke house from TS2). But he lack of recolours has drove me bonkers. Its not even new meshes I want, just a good colour selection. I had so much in the last two games. I reckon I'm going to be very busy recolouring EA objects this weekend!

Offline Foxybaby

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 01:20:04 AM »
OMG!! I can't stop! I have missed this so much!

I've done a colour palette of 17 colours and I'm recolouring a lot of the base game objects using that palette. I've been at it for 4 hours and I've done The Harbinger Counters and Islands with all 17 colours for the work tops and the bases will be beech, white and mahogany. I've only done beech bases so far as I got stuck into the walls. Doing Wainscoting again with the bottom half in beech, white & mahogany, and the top half "paint" with my 17 colour palette. This is just a screenshot of the beech wainscoting to show you the colours. What do you think? Once I learn how to do recolours of CC meshes, I'll start on them too. I wasn't one for much CC in the way of furniture compared to some players, (although my downloads folder on TS2 was 6GB  klaugh ). I saw that someone converted Jonesi's blankets and Jopes Pillows so they are an absolute must for me to learn how to recolour. Anyway-here's my palette. Let me know if you'd like to see more colours (I'll do patterns too, not all will be plain). I'm hoping that I can upload here as I had started uploading to BPS before I had Skylar, Ok, I'm rambling, its like 01:20am! **Ignore the Seaside one-I saved it without the new colour  :comphate  **

« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 01:22:38 AM by Foxybaby »

Offline Petunia Mae Witherbottom

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 02:12:45 AM »

Good job!  Just curious, did you do all three wall sizes? 
I never liked how the game's bottom part of the wallpaper (paneling) goes up too high - I like it at counter height.

Offline Foxybaby

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 02:26:46 AM »
Yes, I did all wall sizes, doesn't take much longer. I've not tested these in the game yet, but my test wall looked ok. I'll have a look at the height of the wood when I try them out tomorrow as I like it at counter height too.

The following users thanked this post: Petunia Mae Witherbottom

The following users thanked this post: Petunia Mae Witherbottom

Offline Foxybaby

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 01:12:09 AM »
Ok, now I'm excited! I've finally figured out how to recolour CC meshes so I can redo all my Jonesi blankets and pillows! I'm so happy. I've not had much gameplay yet but it seems ok up to now. I would like to have seen more of the baby interaction though, I miss that from Sims2, and the changing table etc. Still believe my perfect game would be for my Sims to look like 2, have the sliders from CAS4 but have the open world from 3. 4 still seems like a step backwards for me, I guess they thought so too as that's why Bella is alive and Cassandra is a teenager haha.

I've recoloured the Harbinger Counters in my 18 colours each with a choice of a beech, white or mahogany base, walls with half beech, white or mahogany and also done lino and matching half tiled walls in the same colours if anyone is interested in them. I'm unsure of how many TS4 players are on this forum. Here's the kitchen in "Seafoam" with Beech.

Offline Foxybaby

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 01:18:33 AM »
Oh, Betsy4Arts I was trawling my TS2 downloads folder and I came across this folder-thought it may bring back memories lol

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts

Online Betsy4Arts

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 03:11:42 PM »
minibud Oh my, you had a Betsy folder!! Wow!!  sohappyhappyhappy I now have my first smile  ksmile of the day!! Thanks for giving me a look!!

Offline Foxybaby

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 01:07:51 PM »
I may have just died a little inside  :crying:  I spent 3hrs recolouring & putting an accurate colour code in the thumbnails, a TS2 to TS4 Jonesi Blanket-my fave one, only for it not to show up in the game-why the buggery did I not test it in game before I recoloured it?  :facepalmxd:

Anyway, I've found someone who has updated them (I think it may have been the pets update) but I can't recolour it. It doesn't bring up the page with the textures on. However, i did find a tool on TS4 Studio with updates and I *think* it fixes objects that would need an update for pets (Surfaces and comfort I'm guessing). I haven't had time to test my theory yet as I had a night out with the girls last night in Glasgow and I'm at my desk at work now a little worse for wear (soooo many cocktails-Long Island Iced Tea's are lethal!)

Offline Foxybaby

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 08:19:11 AM »
So that didnít work! After reading a thread on Sims 4 Studio site turns out my textures were too small!

Offline Simsophonique

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2018, 05:03:36 PM »
Great creations so far !
Simblr ID: thesimsophonique
Wordpress main: simsophonique
Wordpress Side: missvdetectivebsides