Author Topic: Minena's Album  (Read 4174 times)

Offline minena

Minena's Album
« on: June 08, 2016, 04:26:49 PM »

#EDIT = I have added a DL link at the bottom of the page for the Mockdoty house.

Hi there. I'm Minena ( Julie ) Some may know me from way back, others, well, nice to meet you! I am a very long time playing Sims enthusiast, all the way back to Sims 1. When Sims 2 came out, I was definitely in love. The focus changed from playing with people to building creative homes and decorating them, then recoloring, and on to meshing ( which I sucked at )  I love doing building and decor contests. Some are good, some..lets just say..you won't see any pictures of them :) I have been a member of many forums and groups going back to 2008 such as Simvention (miss them terribly), Simscreativity and BPS (Black Pearl Sims) I have a Sims site, Hula Sims, on which I would share my lots and then recolors and even a few meshes that weren't totally awful.

On all of these forums/groups, there have always been wonderfully challenging building, decorating and recoloring challenges. I entered them all. The best of these was DOTY (Designer of the Year). I have participated in DOTY since 2009 and still have pictures to prove it :P I was extremely happy to see this wonderful tradition continued here at Sims Pearls. It really brings out the best in imagination and creativity in everyone, the judges, the creators of the rounds, and last, but not least, the contestants. Everyone should enter. Always. It really is fun.

So..why the album now. I decided, since this years DOTY was individual rooms ( as opposed to a complete house ), I would try and piece together these room INTO a complete house. Not an easy feat when trying to keep door and window placement intact. Others showed an interest in seeing this, so, an album to share the progress. The house is built, this is the second one. It came out more balanced than the first. Also I did not include the final round as it was a choice of rooms and I couldn't add all 4  :)

I will be attempting to decorate it. I say attempt as right now, I can not think of what I want to do so for now, here is the layout and exterior. I have talked enough.

Front View

Rear View

Left Side ( when facing front )

Right side ( again when facing front )

First floor

Second floor

Now, I am open to suggestions on style of decor for any room. Right now I am a little stumped. The lot is placed near the shore so I did the exterior in a kind of New England coastal. I would like to keep the interior cohesive and was thinking of coastal, beachy kinda feel inside. I think I will do one room at a time very carefully.

Anyway, thank you for looking and listening!

Since Carrie and I both built an entire house with the doty rooms, I thought it might be fun for us to decorate each others house..so here is Mockdoty. I have made it a non-cc as I can, the only item that has not been changed to Maxis are the stairs. They are Huge Lunatics Simple Structure Staircase found HERE at MTS. I choose not to rebuild the entry to accommodate a Maxis staircase.

Anyone is more than welcome to download the lot and play away :)

DOWNLOAD HERE
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 11:27:57 PM by minena »

Offline tahoe

Re: Minena's Album
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 06:39:57 PM »
It will be exciting to see the results.

The following users thanked this post: jntxrose

The following users thanked this post: jntxrose

Offline mama

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 07:00:41 PM »
Love the house and I think coastal would be perfect for this house.

Offline minena

Doty Sunroom JFF
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 02:10:21 PM »
I had done the sun room, but as I said, I am awful at landscaping, so I went with the attic. Here are shots of my sun room. I went more East Indies than classic tropical.

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, gram1017, kacicka777, Shine Waterice, tahoe, Toadflax, Krazyredd, Avrora, domotana, Carrie

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, gram1017, kacicka777, Shine Waterice, tahoe, Toadflax, Krazyredd, Avrora, domotana, Carrie

poppy100

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 11:49:14 PM »
       :c029: minena realy Adorable   minibud

The following users thanked this post: minena

Offline birgit1

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 07:27:37 PM »
That's a really great sunroom, I like it sooo much  BetsyRose

Offline Enla

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 09:51:28 PM »
Minena what a lovely house, and absolutly beautiful sun room.  :pinkieheart Canīt wait to see how you decorate it.  hpypickle I cant even imagen working out how to puzzel togheter the rooms.

Offline Carrie

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 03:38:41 AM »
It's difficult to be sure Enla! I really like how Minea put together her Mockdoty house. I downloaded it and I can tell you, this will be a house I actually will use in many of my neighborhoods. Her house is very versatile. Mine, on the other hand, not so much. LOL

When I put together the rooms, I did so with the purpose of allowing people who did not participate in the contest to also try their hands at the rooms, as they were laid out for the contest itself. As a result, the house is not so versatile, and is large in scale. So, to be quite honest, I'll be using Minea's house far more than I'll be using the one I designed.

luvvvu

The following users thanked this post: Enla

The following users thanked this post: Enla

Offline tahoe

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 10:47:27 AM »
I love the room it's so cozy.

Offline minena

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 03:42:38 PM »
It's difficult to be sure Enla! I really like how Minea put together her Mockdoty house. I downloaded it and I can tell you, this will be a house I actually will use in many of my neighborhoods. Her house is very versatile. Mine, on the other hand, not so much. LOL

When I put together the rooms, I did so with the purpose of allowing people who did not participate in the contest to also try their hands at the rooms, as they were laid out for the contest itself. As a result, the house is not so versatile, and is large in scale. So, to be quite honest, I'll be using Minea's house far more than I'll be using the one I designed.

I placed the house and yes, it is a bit sprawling, but I decided to go with an industrial theme and did it all in brick with flat roofs. It is really working well. Here are a few pics of the Living Room of the Future..I am making it a family room. I noticed that in the third shot, you can see Mockdoty in the distance LOL. I will make each room up as it was designated as far as function, but not in style. It's been really fun so far! It will be an interesting lot for sure.

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, gram1017, Shine Waterice, tahoe, Krazyredd, Avrora, Enla, Carrie

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, gram1017, Shine Waterice, tahoe, Krazyredd, Avrora, Enla, Carrie

Offline Carrie

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 02:40:45 PM »
I've chosen to lop the roof off of the first remake of your home as well. I've put it in the desert, and am decorating it in a Western Santa Fe style. Exterior is almost complete. Pic to follow this afternoon! I'm really enjoying this. Your pictures are beautiful!

luvvvu

Offline Krazyredd

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 07:02:33 PM »
Oh my gosh, major--major homes you've built! AWESOME!!! :hoorah:

Been Changing-I've Been Rearranging, YET Retro still Beckons ME!

The following users thanked this post: Carrie

The following users thanked this post: Carrie

Offline Ivyrose

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2016, 03:50:31 PM »
Your house is lovely and your sun room is beautiful, lovely pictures thanks for sharing. inlovehamp

Offline Enla

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 08:52:21 PM »
That looks good I am looking forward to see the other rooms, and I took a look at all the rooms and tried to puzzle together a house my self earlier today,  it ended up utter rubbish, after 2-3 hours I gave up. :-D I did not even save the lot. LOL.

Offline Carrie

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2016, 02:37:44 AM »
That looks good I am looking forward to see the other rooms, and I took a look at all the rooms and tried to puzzle together a house my self earlier today,  it ended up utter rubbish, after 2-3 hours I gave up. :-D I did not even save the lot. LOL.

Honestly, it took me 3 tries, and I darn near pulled my hair out during the first try, because it wound up looking particularly crap, so I just scrapped the entire lot, and started over again after my brain calmed down to allow me to start piecing it together....again. LOL
 froggywoggy