Author Topic: DOTY 2016 Round 8~ Questions & Comments  (Read 5971 times)

Offline Belinda

Re: DOTY 2016 Round 8~ Questions & Comments
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2016, 06:17:52 PM »
Every single one of you should be so proud of yourselves. This year we had absolutely wonderful entries and judging them is not an easy task. I admire anyone who has the courage to enter this contest. I've seen many seasons of DOTY and I'm always blown away by the results of each round.

Well done..all of you and good luck to the remaining designers !   :hug:

The following users thanked this post: miklin83, tahoe, Petunia Mae Witherbottom

The following users thanked this post: miklin83, tahoe, Petunia Mae Witherbottom

Offline tahoe

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2016, 06:29:44 PM »
Kacicka 777: I'm so sorry you went out then you were my favorite even though everyone has made great rounds (I think probably all had their favorites)

The following users thanked this post: kacicka777, xoneirox

The following users thanked this post: kacicka777, xoneirox

Offline kacicka777

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2016, 06:37:17 PM »
tahoe: I am not sorry at all, it was a tough time those last weeks, and you know, now I have more time for making a new gift for all of you, I am already inspired :D :D

The following users thanked this post: Shine Waterice, tahoe, homeroxana, xoneirox, Petunia Mae Witherbottom, Sanoysims

The following users thanked this post: Shine Waterice, tahoe, homeroxana, xoneirox, Petunia Mae Witherbottom, Sanoysims

Offline minena

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2016, 07:08:21 PM »
@Minena - I've got a TS2 DOTY 2016 house done as well. I'm just working on well.....connecting the rest of the dots - per se. LOL I agree, there seems to be more square footage on the second floor, than there is on the first!
 ohreallyoo

I know right? I have some odd closets in spaces where two rooms didn't quite meet along all walls. Mostly done with this round so gonna work some more on it. Just had an idea!

Offline Enla

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2016, 08:54:20 PM »

Thanks, Xoneirox and Poppy. Honestly, I expected my elimination after 4 round and could not believe every time I went on the next round. This time it was for sure I couldnīt do it any further since only one of my entries was picked as 1 of the 5 best entries whereas participants that left were always just the best. Also, the fairy tale theme was a little nightmare for me, I totally went out of inspiration and came with such a poor result (so I am really surprised by relatively high score xD ).
And then, it is a relief too, I donīt have to make the next round because I will be travelling from Wednesday to Sunday, so absolutely no chance for running a game.
At the end, I wish a good luck to everyone who is still in and thanks for this great experience! I believe only the best were chosen to go on. 
(I think I can reveal my favourite. Enla, what you can do with every theme is outstanding. Love your design, love that first moment I look at your pics, you always can do something special.) hearts luvvvu :tedheart

Thank you for your nice words, (I needed it!) I work as a carer this means long shifts, this round I had approx 1,5 days to download, recolor furniture and try to come up with something fairy tale like, and then take pictures. I was not pleased with this round and is still happy to be in DOTY. I will now work Wednesday-Friday long hours, I know what I am doing on Saturday and Sunday :-D THANK YOU, AGAIN for your kind words!  hearts

The following users thanked this post: kacicka777

The following users thanked this post: kacicka777

Offline Enla

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2016, 09:09:47 PM »
Carrie; For someone who never done industrial style, you done really well. I love the glasblock that you have used. :tedheart  They was so 1970īs in Sweden when I grow up, and just a few month before me and my partner moved from Sweden to the UK. Did he tile a bathroom and built a glas wall in the shower area for a customer, I absolut loved it! Your bathroom remind me of that lovely bathroom!

poppy100; I wish you entry was sims 4, I would have had so many WCIFīs love the steal columns, brick walls and the metro tiles....Sets of the style perfect. luvvvu

The following users thanked this post: Carrie

The following users thanked this post: Carrie

Offline Carrie

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2016, 09:10:21 PM »

I know right? I have some odd closets in spaces where two rooms didn't quite meet along all walls. Mostly done with this round so gonna work some more on it. Just had an idea!

And hallways....don't forget the hallways! LOL

The following users thanked this post: minena

The following users thanked this post: minena

Offline Takart

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2016, 04:14:03 PM »
 apekiss everyones entrys have blown me away every round..myn are so basically..crapp..iv lost my mojo..maybe I might build and decorate something in my style..weird hahaha  im just not with it lately..
congrats to you all

so FABULOSA  flowerballoony hearts hearts

takartsims.tumblr.com

poppy100

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2016, 10:22:24 PM »

minena,, ....... jheee tje I think it's super nicely done with all the ironwork.
michele ......... windows you've used are very special. busy but very good fit.
riekus13 ........ yes you rooms are always very special of you, I find everything very well attuned to each other. I'm jealous of you
.Takart ..... Wow the wall fits great to yor intrieur . great
carrie ........ if you have made this never,, I think it's great that you've made it so good. My hats off to you
                                                                                                                      ohreallyoo   :c029: :purpflowpot
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:26:05 PM by poppy100 »

The following users thanked this post: riekus13, Takart, Carrie

The following users thanked this post: riekus13, Takart, Carrie

Offline minena

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2016, 01:23:46 AM »
minena,, ....... jheee tje I think it's super nicely done with all the ironwork.

I had to google jheee tje LOL Thank you

The following users thanked this post: Takart

Offline 13pumpkin

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2016, 02:19:20 AM »
Ok...So I had some deco doors in my room (thought about using them)...well, didn't think about it but there were gone. I guess I thought I deleted them. Got a big part of my JFF entry completed...then what did I see in the mirror reflection...the doors! They are not visible in my entry until you look in the mirror!!! OMG!!!!
I had to delete the whole room! I will start again tomorrow!

Everyone else has done great!

The following users thanked this post: Takart, Ivyrose

The following users thanked this post: Takart, Ivyrose

Online Ivyrose

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2016, 09:26:05 AM »
Ok...So I had some deco doors in my room (thought about using them)...well, didn't think about it but there were gone. I guess I thought I deleted them. Got a big part of my JFF entry completed...then what did I see in the mirror reflection...the doors! They are not visible in my entry until you look in the mirror!!! OMG!!!!
I had to delete the whole room! I will start again tomorrow!

Everyone else has done great!

That's funny, I had something similar with a wall decoration that appeared on the walls when I had the full wall mode selected but they disappeared when the cut away was there. I kept deleting it but every time I put the wall back up it was thee again. I deleted the wall in the end that got rid of it.

Offline 13pumpkin

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2016, 12:07:21 PM »
I tried deleting everything I could to get rid of the doors...but even with everything gone, the doors where still there.

Offline Carrie

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2016, 02:31:19 PM »
I tried deleting everything I could to get rid of the doors...but even with everything gone, the doors where still there.

Ghosts in the machine?  awwwwow

Offline Betsy4Arts

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2016, 04:18:55 PM »
 ohreallyoo :sad3: :runforhills: