Author Topic: DOTY 2016 Round 8~ Questions & Comments  (Read 5914 times)

Offline Betsy4Arts

DOTY 2016 Round 8~ Questions & Comments
« on: May 23, 2016, 11:46:14 PM »
:coloreyes: If you have read all the rules and still have a question, ask it right here. Also, if you wish to comment on an entry, that will go here as well!  :coloreyes:

Offline minena

Re: DOTY 2016 Round 8~ Questions & Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 12:51:54 AM »
AHAHA I called it. I was wondering what would be next so I wrote down every room we have done so far and, oh, no bathroom..hrm but what style..industrial LOL I swear. I am building a complete house with each room's shape..makes for some strange hallways, and I have had to readjust a few doors/windows, but it's not a bad looking place so far and fun to build.

The following users thanked this post: 13pumpkin, Betsy4Arts, Michelle, Ivyrose, Shine Waterice, Petunia Mae Witherbottom

The following users thanked this post: 13pumpkin, Betsy4Arts, Michelle, Ivyrose, Shine Waterice, Petunia Mae Witherbottom

Offline Petunia Mae Witherbottom

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 01:11:56 AM »
minena, I would love to see pics of it when it's finished!

Offline Carrie

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 02:55:48 AM »
OK....I'll admit it. This round.....I'M FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!!
 :runforhills:

Shhh......don't tell anyone but.....I've never made anything like this before!
 bagshy

Offline xoneirox

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 06:22:23 AM »
Aaaah industrial!!! Why couldn't this come earlier... that's my luck just when I'm leaving. Good luck to everyone that's still in the contest, I'm looking forward to your beautiful industrial bathrooms.

@Carrie You did great! I'm loving the idea of using glass tiles and that hanging plant is just lovely. Good job!!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:24:30 AM by xoneirox »

The following users thanked this post: Carrie

Offline Ivyrose

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 10:21:19 AM »
AHAHA I called it. I was wondering what would be next so I wrote down every room we have done so far and, oh, no bathroom..hrm but what style..industrial LOL I swear. I am building a complete house with each room's shape..makes for some strange hallways, and I have had to readjust a few doors/windows, but it's not a bad looking place so far and fun to build.

LOL, I worked out it would probably be a bathroom just couldn't work out what style, Industrial is not my favorite.

I've also got a house that I'm putting together with all my rooms.

Offline tahoe

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 10:34:19 AM »

minena: I agree with Petunia Mae I also want to see the house when it is finished.
Ivyrose: I hope that you also want to show off your house when it is finished.
The two that I definitely thought would be the end has unfortunately had to leave the race after various rounds and it is a pity that those who have had to leave the competition has not made any JFF.
For those of you who are left: good luck (It's really exciting now)

The following users thanked this post: Petunia Mae Witherbottom

The following users thanked this post: Petunia Mae Witherbottom

Offline Sanoysims

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 11:46:19 AM »
I was so sure to go out in round 7, I can't believe I'm still in...

Minena: The DOTY-house sounds awesome, I hope you want to show us when it's done  loveybear
Carrie: I think you nailed the style. I love your color choices!  hearts

Offline minena

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 11:49:47 AM »
Carrie you did a fantastic JFF bathroom! Really nice.

Would love to show the house. Fitting this large master suite onto the second floor will be interesting as with this room, there is more square footage on the second floor lol.

Offline xoneirox

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 12:37:00 PM »
I was so sure to go out in round 7, I can't believe I'm still in...

Don't even joke! All your rounds were wonderful in my opinion, I think it's not a surprise you're still in, you all deserve it. :)

I'm sad to see kacika777 go though, she did some seriously amazing entries. I hope she has time to enter as jff.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 12:39:48 PM by xoneirox »

Offline minena

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 05:06:27 PM »
Thank you again for the comments judges...from mini bud LOL...haven't heard that in a long time! Was Miniroll at one time loooooong ago. Think it was at Simvention.

All the entries were simply outstanding. So creative!

Offline Carrie

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 05:14:56 PM »
@Minena - I've got a TS2 DOTY 2016 house done as well. I'm just working on well.....connecting the rest of the dots - per se. LOL I agree, there seems to be more square footage on the second floor, than there is on the first!
 ohreallyoo

Offline Sanoysims

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2016, 05:32:37 PM »

Don't even joke! All your rounds were wonderful in my opinion, I think it's not a surprise you're still in, you all deserve it. :)

I'm sad to see kacika777 go though, she did some seriously amazing entries. I hope she has time to enter as jff.

I thought I would go out because I mistook nursery from kidsroom. I'm used to it means the same thing where I come from. *facepalm*  lolsmile

poppy100

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2016, 06:08:11 PM »

xONEIROX...  luvvvu

KACICKA777 ....  luvvvu

pity that you two are out!  :smilie_tra_151:

Offline kacicka777

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2016, 06:12:55 PM »

Thanks, Xoneirox and Poppy. Honestly, I expected my elimination after 4 round and could not believe every time I went on the next round. This time it was for sure I couldnīt do it any further since only one of my entries was picked as 1 of the 5 best entries whereas participants that left were always just the best. Also, the fairy tale theme was a little nightmare for me, I totally went out of inspiration and came with such a poor result (so I am really surprised by relatively high score xD ).
And then, it is a relief too, I donīt have to make the next round because I will be travelling from Wednesday to Sunday, so absolutely no chance for running a game.
At the end, I wish a good luck to everyone who is still in and thanks for this great experience! I believe only the best were chosen to go on. 
(I think I can reveal my favourite. Enla, what you can do with every theme is outstanding. Love your design, love that first moment I look at your pics, you always can do something special.) hearts luvvvu :tedheart
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:14:53 PM by kacicka777 »

The following users thanked this post: Shine Waterice, xoneirox, Petunia Mae Witherbottom, Enla

The following users thanked this post: Shine Waterice, xoneirox, Petunia Mae Witherbottom, Enla