Author Topic: Sims 3 and Windows 10  (Read 658 times)

Offline Lorry

Sims 3 and Windows 10
« on: May 22, 2016, 08:16:29 AM »
I decided to  take advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 and I was wondering about the compatibility with Sims 3. I have been exploring WIN 10  all day and so far, I like what I see.
I have yet to play Sims 3, but everything seems to be working okay at the moment.

I'd love to know if any of you are using Windows 10?
And if so, how are you finding it?

The following users thanked this post: mama, Mehrlicht

The following users thanked this post: mama, Mehrlicht

Offline Betsy4Arts

Re: Sims 3 and Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 03:22:23 PM »
I also finally took the plunge with windows 10. I was so afraid that all my files, programs and sims would simply be made obsolete. First of all, I have sims 2, not 3. But I absolutely love windows 10. I like the look and it is very easy to navigate. It has made my laptop a tiny bit slower but not enough to matter. And yes, all my files, programs and sims work just fine and were just where they were with windows 8.
Good luck & I hope your sims 3 runs smoothly with no hitches... minibud

The following users thanked this post: Takart, mama, Mehrlicht, Lorry

The following users thanked this post: Takart, mama, Mehrlicht, Lorry

Offline Gardenof

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 03:34:21 PM »
Hi Lorry, I've been on windows 10 since it came out and so far, touch wood, I've not had any problems. There's no comparability problems with windows 10 and Sims 3.   luvvvu
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 03:36:21 PM by Gardenof »

The following users thanked this post: Takart, mama, Lorry

The following users thanked this post: Takart, mama, Lorry

Offline Lorry

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 12:55:45 AM »
Thank you Betsy and Sue!

Prior to installing Windows 10, I did read some horror stories, so I am grateful for your input. I am loving this operating system too!
After the install, I was very surprised to see all my files were exactly where I left them, naturally I did a back up just in case.  I have been testing Sims 4 and so far all is working as it should.

I love playing Sims 3, so hopefully I can start testing it today, my fingers are crossed that it wont break.

sweetday   

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, Takart, mama, Gardenof, Mehrlicht

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, Takart, mama, Gardenof, Mehrlicht