Author Topic: DOTY 2016 Round 7~ Questions & Comments  (Read 4183 times)

Offline Petunia Mae Witherbottom

Re: DOTY 2016 Round 7~ Questions & Comments
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2016, 06:49:40 PM »
Me again...what size is the window on the diagonal wall?  Thanks.

The following users thanked this post: Enla

Offline riekus13

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 07:36:27 PM »
2-tiles...or 2 windows. I don't really mind.

The following users thanked this post: Petunia Mae Witherbottom, Enla

Offline xoneirox

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2016, 10:45:57 PM »

It's always hard to see great designers go...  :reaction:

@tahoe I know right? I still cannot believe I'm on to round 7. I had a lot on my plate last week, including two sick dogs at home, and my mind wasn't set to the contest. I spent all sunday worrying about my sick dog and picking up puke off the floor so I thought of dropping out but when my girl calmed down a little and slept, I found a couple of hours to deal with DOTY. I didn't have a lot of modern content in my game so I had to make do with what I had.

You guys know how to pick a challenging theme. Wow I have not a single crib in sims 4 since there are no toddlers. Perhaps I'll have to change games and switch to sims 3? God, I warn you my entry will not be pretty, I've never built and decorated a nursery room. I always added a crib in the master bedroom  lolsmile

Offline tinhouse

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2016, 07:12:49 AM »
Congratulations everyone, I would have struggled to judge that last round!  hootyhoot Most people have a style that they are comfortable with, but you guys seem to be able to do everything really well.  I know Ive said that before but I honestly mean it, I am so impressed by each and every entry. xxxx

Offline kacicka777

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2016, 08:34:12 AM »
Riekus13, great entry! Love it!
Poppy, I felt in love with your nursery, it is georgeus and you are a nursery queen! :D :D  hearts

Offline tahoe

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2016, 10:47:14 AM »
Xoneirox: I hope your dogs feel better now I know myself how it is when the dog is bad (as he now is).
Self I do not know if I jump over this time when I do not have a wall mural and I have aged done any either, but we'll see.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 08:13:13 PM by tahoe »

Offline Enla

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2016, 05:11:16 PM »
Hi I have a few questions; Sorry for being a pain here...But language is important. peekaboo

*When writing we may use half walls and fences, Do you mean that we can use the half wall + fence tool?
*Half wall, is that a half HIGH wall, or is it Half wall into the room? From floor to ceiling? (Cause walls are suppose to stay in place).
*The tree and the toadstool + the fox, owl and the unicorn, has it to be an item or can it be a part of the mural? 

Thank you in advance.... :pinkieheart

Offline minena

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2016, 06:19:55 PM »
Just wanted to take a minute and thank all the judges for the comments and suggestions. They were right on point and I really appreciated all of them. I don't envy you your job at all!

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, xoneirox, Carrie

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, xoneirox, Carrie

Offline xoneirox

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2016, 08:07:45 PM »
I have a pretty stupid question about the theme. With the tree, do you mean an actual tree in the room or it can be in the mural?

Xoneirox: I hope your dogs mr better now I know myself how it is when the dog is bad (as he now is).
Self I do not know if I jump over this time when I do not have a wall mural and I have aged done any either, but we'll see.
The male is doing good. He has gastritis because the fool covered his paws with tar and tried to clean them by licking them. He's taking medicine and he is fine but the girl was worse. sunday morning she starting puking all over the floor and calmed down late at night. On monday we found blood in her excrement and that really scared us, we took her to the vet, she had blood tests and sonogram. Thankfully she doesn't have anything life threatening, the vet said it's gastroenteritis but she has to take a lot of meds (3 pills and 1 syrup) and the little rascal doesn't take them. I'll talk to the vet tomorrow about it and what we can do.

Offline 13pumpkin

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2016, 08:17:16 PM »
Not quite sure how riekus13 may answer...but the specifics are "tree" and "mural". So I would say they are 2 separate things and you need to have an actual tree.
(Marieke...please correct me if I am wrong)

The following users thanked this post: riekus13, xoneirox, Enla

The following users thanked this post: riekus13, xoneirox, Enla

Offline riekus13

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2016, 08:56:59 PM »
Not quite sure how riekus13 may answer...but the specifics are "tree" and "mural". So I would say they are 2 separate things and you need to have an actual tree.
(Marieke...please correct me if I am wrong)

Yep...two seperate things. Just look at the pictures in the theme post.

The following users thanked this post: xoneirox

The following users thanked this post: xoneirox

Offline riekus13

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2016, 09:00:26 PM »
Hi I have a few questions; Sorry for being a pain here...But language is important. peekaboo

*When writing we may use half walls and fences, Do you mean that we can use the half wall + fence tool?
*Half wall, is that a half HIGH wall, or is it Half wall into the room? From floor to ceiling? (Cause walls are suppose to stay in place).
*The tree and the toadstool + the fox, owl and the unicorn, has it to be an item or can it be a part of the mural? 
Thank you in advance.... :pinkieheart

You can use both tools...and a halfwall is half-high. So no floor to ceiling walls.

And the items have to be stand alone. But,there can be trees, toadstools and animals in the mural, too.

The following users thanked this post: xoneirox, Enla

The following users thanked this post: xoneirox, Enla

Offline Enla

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2016, 09:40:00 PM »
Thank you Reikus for your quick awnser! Of to download some stuff....A Fox!?!? LOL hmmm  sitdog I guesse a dog wont do ;-)

Offline riekus13

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2016, 09:47:47 PM »
Thank you Reikus for your quick awnser! Of to download some stuff....A Fox!?!? LOL hmmm  sitdog I guesse a dog wont do ;-)
It doesn't need to be a real fox...

Offline Takart

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2016, 01:01:56 AM »
My entry is JFF
but i forgot to take the damb overhead shot,  ohewww
 can I still upload my pics without it..if not I will have to go back into the game later  dancingbear

takartsims.tumblr.com