Author Topic: DOTY 2016 Round 6~ Questions & Comments  (Read 4808 times)

Offline Betsy4Arts

DOTY 2016 Round 6~ Questions & Comments
« on: May 11, 2016, 03:53:47 AM »
:coloreyes: If you have read all the rules and still have a question, ask it right here. Also, if you wish to comment on an entry, that will go here as well!  :coloreyes:

The following users thanked this post: Shine Waterice

The following users thanked this post: Shine Waterice

Offline Deatherella

Re: DOTY 2016 Round 6~ Questions & Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 05:37:12 AM »
Everyone's entries are always so superb, I'm sorry to see some of us out of the running.
I'm so excited that my name was on the list of contestants going forward -- excited and already stressing out.
Good luck to all the other people going forward!

Offline Ivyrose

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 05:56:05 AM »
Oh my goodness! wow I'm still here and my worst nightmare a modern theme and I'm up against some of the best contemporary designers in the Simdom. So first Joy, yeah I'm still in, then relief I didn't do too bad a job of my study and now stress how am I gonna do this?

Good luck to everyone left and looking forward to everyone' JFF bedrooms too.  cutethbearie

« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 06:56:16 AM by Ivyrose »

Offline tahoe

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 10:32:39 AM »
Then it was time for me to leave the race, I felt it in me but I will be with the subcategory JFF. I wish everyone good luck. (My favorite is retained if you get one)

Offline xoneirox

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 11:03:19 AM »

I was sure I was going to go this time -I wasn't feeling confident with my entry- but I guess I'll be eliminated after this round because I know nothing about the theme, I have nothing fitting in the modern bedroom category in my game and I don't know where to start lol

I also have a question about the accent wall. I'm not sure what this is, I thought it was some kind of fake wall, like a divider but the guidelines state that we must not use dividers. so I really have no clue... any suggestions?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 11:06:18 AM by xoneirox »

The following users thanked this post: MaAlet, tahoe

The following users thanked this post: MaAlet, tahoe

poppy100

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 11:31:27 AM »

Tahoe. I find it all pretty with what you make,
whether it's the game, or jff, you can always find something special use in your work. and that I find very clever of you.
and you must see this !! you have the fifth round, s kept full, if I had competed they had me already after the first round knocked out!
you can be very proud opjezelf  :bigtup: :purpflowpot

The following users thanked this post: tahoe

The following users thanked this post: tahoe

Offline Ivyrose

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 12:23:39 PM »
An accent wall is like a feature wall, it might be papered rather than painted or a different colour than the other walls. If you google accent wall you should get some ideas. It's a common feature in the UK at the moment to paint all walls but paper just one.

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, xoneirox

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, xoneirox

Offline Michelle

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 12:31:42 PM »

I was sure I was going to go this time -I wasn't feeling confident with my entry- but I guess I'll be eliminated after this round because I know nothing about the theme, I have nothing fitting in the modern bedroom category in my game and I don't know where to start lol

I also have a question about the accent wall. I'm not sure what this is, I thought it was some kind of fake wall, like a divider but the guidelines state that we must not use dividers. so I really have no clue... any suggestions?

This is an example of an accent wall...
 It is just a wall that is a different color...etc  than the others...however, you can use wood brick stone or anything as long as it is different from the other three walls
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 12:33:33 PM by Michelle »

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, Shine Waterice, xoneirox

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, Shine Waterice, xoneirox

Offline xoneirox

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 12:40:03 PM »
Thank you girls! Actually I feel a little embarrassed because I have two accent walls in my room. The two walls are wallpapered and the other two plain white, I just had no idea it was called like that  lolhippo

Online kacicka777

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 01:44:08 PM »
Are we supposed to decorate closet too and show pics from it?

Good luck to everyone who is still in :) :) :)

Offline Deatherella

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 02:14:23 PM »
I think you will do well, xoneirox. You made lovely entries for the other rounds you were unfamiliar so I'm thinking we'll see something quite nice from you this round, too.

I have a couple-few questions, too, after browsing the net for ideas.
1. Do all the walls but the accent wall need to be white? I saw some rooms where the walls were bold colors with a wallpaper for the accent wall. Just wondering. Still can't make my mind up on my color scheme.
2. The painting or pic of a dog -- must this be a dog alone or can there be other elements (trees, houses, people) in the painting? Must it be a painting, print, or photograph type pic or can the "dog" be a design element such as the focal point of a piece of decor?
3. Is it okay to use a two-, three- and four-tile window instead of 2, 3, and 4 windows?
4. Does the sliding mirror covered closet door count as a mirror for the round criteria? Can the mirror be in the closet or must it be in the bedroom? I'm trying to make the layout floating in my head cohesive.
5. Would a fireplace that juts out from a wall as part of the architecture, or one planted in the middle of a floor (ie white living fireplace) count as a divider and be a no-no? Just asking cuz I saw some sweet ideas on that nature, too.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 02:26:41 PM by Deatherella »

Offline 13pumpkin

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 03:30:15 PM »
Michelle can correct me if I am wrong...

kicicka777 - for the closet, if you choose to have a double door that is closed, you do not have to show the interior of the closet. But if you have a double door that is open, then decorating the closet would be a good idea.

Deatherella -
1 - walls can be any color you wish but at least 1 wall must be different (aka: accent wall)
2 - painting/picture of a dog...as long as a dog is in the picture...and it must be a picture/painting as she has specified in the must haves. If you also wish to have other elements of dogs in your decor (such as staues), that is up to you.
3 - You can use any combination of windows as long as windows are placed in the correct spots as specified in the floor plan.
4 - The mirror must be floor to ceiling...so if it was just on a door, that would not be as specified in the must haves. You can add a closet door with mirrors if you choose, but you must also have at least 1 floor to ceiling mirror.
5 - A fire place is not a wall, it is a part of deco. As long as you do not build a wall to place the fireplace on, it should be fine.

EDIT: Michelle will have to determine if a fireplace in the center of a room would be considered a "divider"
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 03:56:07 PM by 13pumpkin »

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, tahoe, xoneirox

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, tahoe, xoneirox

Offline Deatherella

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2016, 04:14:22 PM »
Thanks for the answer.

Offline Michelle

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 05:23:46 PM »
Dawn is correct on everything.... As long as the fireplace is " free standing" it is fine

The following users thanked this post: 13pumpkin, Betsy4Arts, xoneirox

The following users thanked this post: 13pumpkin, Betsy4Arts, xoneirox

Offline tahoe

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2016, 05:45:13 PM »

xoneirox: I was sure I would go out after Round 2, so I go out for something as simple as an office. I do not know anything about contemporary decor I thought it was chrome, steel and glass, but it is apparently wrong. so I'll have to start over, or so it be as it gets. Good luck

Poppy100: You always write such nice things, and it's funny that you like what I do. I like your style furnishings, and the photos are so good-looking so I'm sure you'd get far. I have tried Sims 3 but I and the game will not agree I can not even download stuff to it, though I've tried, but I like the Sims 2 very much so it does not matter.
                                      :thankeefrog