Author Topic: DOTY Round 5 Questions & Comments  (Read 3296 times)

Offline minena

Re: DOTY Round 5 Questions & Comments
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2016, 07:27:28 PM »
The boho round about did me in LOL I just can't do all the bright colors all willy nilly. I like curated palettes and neat and tidy :P

The following users thanked this post: Belinda, MaAlet, tahoe

The following users thanked this post: Belinda, MaAlet, tahoe

Offline 13pumpkin

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2016, 07:42:30 PM »
The boho round about did me in LOL I just can't do all the bright colors all willy nilly. I like curated palettes and neat and tidy :P

minena...I feel the same way! Grey is about as colorful as I like to get, LOL!

The following users thanked this post: Belinda, MaAlet

The following users thanked this post: Belinda, MaAlet

Offline Ivyrose

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2016, 06:28:44 AM »
Coming out of your comfortzone is what this contest is about. Learn a few things and having fun at the same time.

But you all did an outstanding job on the scandinavian room!

:bravo: :bigtup: :bravo:

I'm not even sure what my comfort zone is I always thought it was historical until round 2. Now I think it's rather eclectic I like it so I use sort of thing.  lolsmile

The following users thanked this post: riekus13, Belinda

The following users thanked this post: riekus13, Belinda

Offline Enla

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2016, 01:34:00 PM »
Ivyrose, it is not a bad thing to not know what your comfort zone is. I have to enter challenges like this to actually try to get out of my contemporary style. Every house, room, sim or sims, look the same in my game. I love to research the theme, download, and the try to use the Ideas in game. It is also very nice to see how others have interpret the theme! And steal an Idea or two ;-)

-Every one is doing very well, I hope you all enjoy it! smileyjuggler

The following users thanked this post: Ivyrose, Belinda, kacicka777, Shine Waterice, tahoe

The following users thanked this post: Ivyrose, Belinda, kacicka777, Shine Waterice, tahoe

Offline Belinda

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2016, 04:10:27 PM »
You guys are doing a wonderful job !! I especially love the details you all add. Or "dodads" as Carrie and I would say ! lol  inlovehamp

Offline certain

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2016, 09:29:43 PM »
Sorry for radio silence everyone. All entries look amazing!

Offline Carrie

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2016, 10:49:47 PM »
I think, without having really considered it openly, the main point behind the entirety of the DOTY contests throughout the years has been not only, as Enla said, to push people outside of their comfort zones, but also to steal an idea (or 90) to use in their games. For those of us that create things (meshing, recoloring, etc.) for the game, we too get pushed far beyond our comfort zones....and sometimes, it can be very daunting!

bagshy

For me, it was the BoHo Kitchen, and the Scandinavian Study. Riekus13 managed to literally creep me out with this round! Betsy put me well beyond my comfort zone with the BoHo Kitchen round (and I can assure you, I was not alone there). But, I learned a LOT, and I had even more fun. Better yet, I got a ton of new ideas from looking at everyone's rooms, that I have been using in my game.....and for recoloring styles.

DOTY may be difficult, but it is SO worth it! Everyone has done so well, and it's amazing!
 inlovehamp cutethballoons inlovehamp

Offline Deatherella

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2016, 11:55:34 PM »
DOTY is more fun than HGTV.

The following users thanked this post: Shine Waterice, Carrie

The following users thanked this post: Shine Waterice, Carrie

Offline minena

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2016, 12:01:13 AM »

DOTY is more fun than HGTV.

HAHAHA Exactly!!