Author Topic: Who else is into Gardening and Houseplants?  (Read 2840 times)

Offline ireland4brains

Re: Who else is into Gardening and Houseplants?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2016, 03:49:57 PM »
I am so jealous, I don't any place like this to grow  window garden, too many large trees shading our house.

Offline Chris W.

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2017, 08:36:56 PM »
Yeah,it`s that Time of the Year again.It`s finally getting warmer and in mid April it was finally Time to bring out the first Seeds.
Unfortunetely the Weather wasn`t very good the past 5 Weeks,lots of Rain and way too cold.
This Year tried again two Classics (Mexican Ivy and Scarlet Runner Beans,the Beans were harvested from last Year) and jst for Fun i bought a Bag of common Hop.

The Beans started sprouting very early but i`m worried about the Mexican Ivy and the Hop.The last 4 Weeks were rather cold and rainy.Only a few Days ago i noticed tiny green Seedlings where i left the Seeds so not all Hop(e) is lost.
At least my Clematis is coming strong (the left Flowerpot) and i`m happy about that because i thought the Clematis froze or dried to Death in Winter since it only showed the first shy Leaves a Week ago.But damn,the Clematis is growing fast.
Another very fast growing Plant is the wild Asian Knotweed (or Donkey Rhubarb) i have also in the left Pot.That Thing is growing like crazy and i really like how it looks.Also,my live Locusts (keeping them as Food for my Tarantulas) are crazy after those tasty looking Knotweed Leaves....whatam i saying,they even devour the Stalks completely.   

Offline Talja

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2017, 09:29:15 AM »
Dear Chris,

watch my strawberries this morning... Guess what happened :D

« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 09:42:19 AM by Talja »

Offline Chris W.

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2017, 09:38:12 AM »
Too bad the Pic is so smal....but i see spilled Soil all over the Floor,an empty Flowerbox and a Cat.So i guess your Cat trew over the Box or pushed it down....bad Kitty :D