Author Topic: DOTY 2016: Round 2 ~ Questions or Comments  (Read 6966 times)

Offline Betsy4Arts

DOTY 2016: Round 2 ~ Questions or Comments
« on: April 12, 2016, 07:40:43 PM »
:coloreyes: If you have read all the rules and still have a question, ask it right here. Also, if you wish to comment on an entry, that will go here as well!  :coloreyes:

The following users thanked this post: Shine Waterice

The following users thanked this post: Shine Waterice

Offline miklin83

Re: DOTY 2016: Round 2 ~ Questions or Comments
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 08:35:03 PM »
Does the fireplace have to be where it's showed?
♥♥♥
~~ Excessive clutter collector~~
                                             ♥♥♥
                                                    Linda :)

Offline Betsy4Arts

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 08:54:48 PM »
Absolutely. :thumbup:

The following users thanked this post: miklin83

The following users thanked this post: miklin83

Offline minena

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 09:04:56 PM »
"period" colonial I'm assuming with the no electricity rule?

Offline Carrie

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 09:12:59 PM »
As stated in the entry image.....absolutely no electricity what so ever. This is a period/era room. All items MUST be placed where shown, NO electricity/gas, no wallpaper, no fully carpeted floors, nothing modern at all. I provided a color guide, and room examples, in the entry image. Good luck! I can't wait to see everyone's creations!

pinkyay

The following users thanked this post: minena

The following users thanked this post: minena

Offline Petunia Mae Witherbottom

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 09:40:51 PM »
Verify for me that one can switch from TS4 to TS2, etc, as I didn't find it in the rules, please.  Thanks.

Offline kacicka777

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 09:47:19 PM »
I googled a little bit and found so many different types of colonial styles (British, Dutch, Spanish etc.), many of them with features of local exotic architecture for example Carribean or Indian so I am confused. Can we choose one of these exotic places, is it okay? Or can you please be more specific and locate our geografic position if it is determined? Thanks in advance.
BTW, interesting theme but tough. Ive never been in colonial house :)

Offline Betsy4Arts

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 10:07:01 PM »
I assume looking at Carrie's example pictures that the room must be designed in American Colonial. There is lots on the internet so it shouldn't be too difficult. You have a span of 200 years that runs from primitive colonial to williamsburg colonial.

And yes, you may use any simsversion that you wish.

The following users thanked this post: minena, Petunia Mae Witherbottom

The following users thanked this post: minena, Petunia Mae Witherbottom

Offline Carrie

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 10:24:42 PM »
I googled a little bit and found so many different types of colonial styles (British, Dutch, Spanish etc.), many of them with features of local exotic architecture for example Carribean or Indian so I am confused. Can we choose one of these exotic places, is it okay? Or can you please be more specific and locate our geografic position if it is determined? Thanks in advance.
BTW, interesting theme but tough. Ive never been in colonial house :)

The colonial era spans approximately 200 years, and was considered global. However, as Betsy said, the example shown is of a colonial American room, and not a more exotic location. Any version of the Sims is allowed.
Good luck!!

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, kacicka777, minena

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, kacicka777, minena

Offline Carrie

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 01:12:31 AM »

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, Takart, miklin83, kacicka777, Shine Waterice, xoneirox, Greengirl

The following users thanked this post: Betsy4Arts, Takart, miklin83, kacicka777, Shine Waterice, xoneirox, Greengirl

Offline certain

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 02:40:38 AM »
Wow. That's a big room. 

Edit: Also, why does that fireplace have to be "working?" It's not like Sims are going to use it. And the outside isn't important so you wouldn't see a chimney...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 03:05:24 AM by certain »

The following users thanked this post: Carrie

Offline Petunia Mae Witherbottom

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2016, 03:56:04 AM »
The colonial era spans approximately 200 years, and was considered global. However, as Betsy said, the example shown is of a colonial American room, and not a more exotic location. Any version of the Sims is allowed.
Good luck!!

COLONIAL AMERICAN ROOM.  OK.  But definitely NOT the first colonists to America.

Offline Carrie

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2016, 04:03:02 AM »

COLONIAL AMERICAN ROOM.  OK.  But definitely NOT the first colonists to America.

The Colonial American Era ran from 1492 until about 1763. So yeah, well over 200 years, and you're right, not the first colonists to America.
Good luck!
 :yayoyay

Offline Carrie

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2016, 04:10:37 AM »
Wow. That's a big room. 

Edit: Also, why does that fireplace have to be "working?" It's not like Sims are going to use it. And the outside isn't important so you wouldn't see a chimney...

The overhead shot where we see the grid will show the exterior trim - thus, the chimney will be visible. Also, I requested it to be 'working' as a form of both the era, and the light source. You can build your own Colonial type fireplace and chimney, and simply use pre-lit logs (normally listed under lamps) as a type of light source.

A lot of the more primitive type Colonial fireplaces were also used as cooking areas, both in the kitchen, and the living area. As such, any type of larger fireplace that shows it is used for heating/lighting purposes is perfectly alright, so long as it's not modern.

If you're playing TS2, there are many colonial style fireplaces available throughout all the sites. I'll be more than happy to locate some if you'd like. :)

Let me know if you need any links. I'll post them in the WCIF thread for you for the DOTY Round 2 :)

Good luck!
 :thumbup:

Offline BlueHopper

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2016, 05:33:05 AM »
The overhead shot where we see the grid will show the exterior trim - thus, the chimney will be visible. Also, I requested it to be 'working' as a form of both the era, and the light source. You can build your own Colonial type fireplace and chimney, and simply use pre-lit logs (normally listed under lamps) as a type of light source.

A lot of the more primitive type Colonial fireplaces were also used as cooking areas, both in the kitchen, and the living area. As such, any type of larger fireplace that shows it is used for heating/lighting purposes is perfectly alright, so long as it's not modern.

If you're playing TS2, there are many colonial style fireplaces available throughout all the sites. I'll be more than happy to locate some if you'd like. :)

Let me know if you need any links. I'll post them in the WCIF thread for you for the DOTY Round 2 :)

Good luck!

:thumbup:

Maybe it's just me but none of the 'working' TS4 fireplaces have chimneys so I hope we aren't going to get docked for this. Do you want us to have the fireplace on so you know that it isn't just deco?

Also I have like two choices for fireplaces that fit the theme, lol. If there are more colonial style TS4 fireplaces I would love some links. I might also benefit from the TS2 finds as I might be able to con someone into converting one for me  lolol