Author Topic: Vitasims2?  (Read 6024 times)

Offline Tilly

Vitasims2?
« on: December 09, 2015, 02:57:47 PM »
just stopped by vita sims 2 and it's all gone!
Has the site closed?

The following users thanked this post: ilikefishfood

The following users thanked this post: ilikefishfood

Offline Carrie

Re: Vitasims2?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 05:09:08 PM »
I just tried my link as well, and got the following response from their web page:

Not Found The requested URL /sims2.htm was not found on this server.
It would seem that it is either closed down completely, or they have moved to another server. Either way, I wouldn't be planning on getting anything from them any time soon. So for now, the only place to get Vitasims items would be at the booty....and that is minimal amount compared to the 100+ pages of items they offered.

minibud

Online Kim

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 06:19:30 PM »

The following users thanked this post: tahoe, moondew, domotana, Carrie

The following users thanked this post: tahoe, moondew, domotana, Carrie

Online Ginnie Schoepf

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 06:36:15 PM »
Rats.  There are a ton of recolors that use their meshes.

The following users thanked this post: Carrie

The following users thanked this post: Carrie

Offline Carrie

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 06:42:06 PM »
Thanks Kim!! I've bookmarked it and will relink my VitaSims2 link image on my Affiliates page. Going to see what other web sites for S2 might be up there. Not sure why the main one suddenly died without warning though. To be sure, I'm uploading as much as I can from other older web sites. Also a note here, it's impossible for me to join any yahoo groups for older S2 stuff, because I don't own a cell phone.

headach

The following users thanked this post: moondew

The following users thanked this post: moondew

Broomhilda

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 07:01:12 PM »
Hey Carrie give me a min I will give you a couple of links to the Yahoo Sims2 sites that I have..let me find them..

Here are to links to what I have for Sims2 Yahoo..

https://ca.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/savingthesims/info

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/savingthesims2_112MustLuvCatz/info

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/AAStyleClearance/info

I hope these links work for you and anyone else..let me know if they do or don't..

Of course that didn't work..let me see what I can do and find where I got it to begin with

Not sure a bout this..it was the only thing I could copy and paste from my email....I get daily updates from this group for Sims1,2,3,4 but only pay attention to Sims2 lol..

I hope it was ok to put these here if not let me know..and I can take them down..

http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/savingthesims2_main/

Let's see if this one works
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 07:36:36 PM by Broomhilda »

The following users thanked this post: Shine Waterice, ranabluu

The following users thanked this post: Shine Waterice, ranabluu

Online Kim

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 07:37:37 PM »
I am going to start downloading stuff from the wayback machine and I'll reupload to my webspace. I'll try and get everything :)

The following users thanked this post: moondew, Rhondalette

The following users thanked this post: moondew, Rhondalette

Online Ginnie Schoepf

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 10:40:07 PM »

The following users thanked this post: Shine Waterice, Melanie

The following users thanked this post: Shine Waterice, Melanie

Offline Carrie

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 01:57:12 AM »
I'm in the process of uploading every single possible thing I can from Simply Styling, as I've heard rumor that their site is going to go dead on 1/1.  I have several sites that are linked to the archived links through wayback machine on my affiliates page, and I have Saving The Sims linked to my Catacombs page. I'm not going to add the SimCredible yahoo group because there's a direct means to join that on their page.

starsmile

Also....I'm going to try and get as many links for Sims 2 up on my web site so folks have a place to grab links that actually work. So far, I'm just over 140 links, and I go through every single one once a month. So if there are any links to web sites that are archived, I'll go ahead and put those on my web site sp everyone has access to them. Mostly, that's the primary reason for the extensive size of my Affiliates page. To make sure that folks have at least one large group of sites for Sims 2 that are working. Most web site owners don't take the time to update the links on their links/affiliates page(s) - for any number of reasons. Because of that, I really try to keep everything as updated as possible.

flowerballoony

Online Ginnie Schoepf

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 05:44:13 PM »
I've sent off an eMAIL to Simply Styling, so we'll see what happens.  Ginnie

Offline ranabluu

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 07:33:49 PM »
Hi,

Here is a link to vitasims: this works for me but it doesn't seem to have all of their items available here.  A while back some of the download links were screwy but as mentioned in some of the other comments other places have them. I hope you get what you are looking for if not, I have some of their stuff saved.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 03:05:17 PM by 13pumpkin »
I like cookies and TS2 downloads...please feed my addiction.

The following users thanked this post: Shine Waterice

The following users thanked this post: Shine Waterice

Offline Marioneve

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2016, 04:53:17 PM »
Hi,

Here is a link to vitasims: this works for me but it doesn't seem to have all of their items available here.  A while back some of the download links were screwy but as mentioned in some of the other comments other places have them. I hope you get what you are looking for if not, I have some of their stuff saved.

If you click on one of the sets on this page, it will take you to the download page in the old version of the site and you can browse through more than one hundred download pages with TS2 items, as there  is a line of numbered pages under
the download. This way you can get to all of the free sets, and since pay sets are being hosted on Simscave and Booty, right now there should be no problem getting most of their stuff (with the possible exceptions of already mentioned screwy links), although who knows if it will stay this way.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 03:05:41 PM by 13pumpkin »

Offline Takart

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2016, 03:26:11 PM »
I'm in the process of uploading every single possible thing I can from Simply Styling, as I've heard rumor that their site is going to go dead on 1/1.  I have several sites that are linked to the archived links through wayback machine on my affiliates page, and I have Saving The Sims linked to my Catacombs page. I'm not going to add the SimCredible yahoo group because there's a direct means to join that on their page.

starsmile

https://de.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SIMPLYSTYLING2/info

Also....I'm going to try and get as many links for Sims 2 up on my web site so folks have a place to grab links that actually work. So far, I'm just over 140 links, and I go through every single one once a month. So if there are any links to web sites that are archived, I'll go ahead and put those on my web site sp everyone has access to them. Mostly, that's the primary reason for the extensive size of my Affiliates page. To make sure that folks have at least one large group of sites for Sims 2 that are working. Most web site owners don't take the time to update the links on their links/affiliates page(s) - for any number of reasons. Because of that, I really try to keep everything as updated as possible.

flowerballoony

takartsims.tumblr.com

Online Ginnie Schoepf

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2016, 04:53:37 PM »
Saving the Sims has started with uploading Sims 1 items here https://groups.yahoo.com/group/savingthesims136SimplyStyling, then I guess on to Sims 2.  I haven't started the BPS groups yet, but I hope to do those soon as well. 

Offline Rhondalette

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2017, 01:11:57 AM »

starsmile

flowerballoony

Carrie,  could you please post a link for your site?